PDA

View Full Version : Found kissing bug in home... terrified of Chagas’ disease

magicalgirl
27-02-18, 06:12
Okay so about a year ago I walked into my bathroom to find a kissing bug. It’s a type of bug that’s feces carries a deadly disease called Chagas’ disease. It makes your heart stop and basically it’s sudden death with no symptoms. A lot of bugs look like them, but I’m 100% sure it was a kissing bug in my bathroom.

When I first seen it my first instinct was to kill it and throw it away (with a paper towel of course) and I did. That’s my biggest regret. I wish I had called pest control or something, because my family never listened to me when I tried to tell them how dangerous this bug is.

I live in America and have a lot of trouble with my health insurance, so pretty much all last year I didn’t have it so I couldn’t go get a blood test. I did end up going to the ER a couple of times because of severe ear infections and brought up the bug to the nurses and none had even heard of it.

I finally have health insurance and had a check up where I had some blood taken (because of dizziness and heart palipitations) and it turns out I’m severely anemic and on iron pills now. I’m worried what could be causing the anemia because I eat a lot of meat with iron...

Because it’s been so long since the bug my panic episodes have gotten better, but I still have them. I’m a senior in high school and I’m trying to graduate, but whenever I think of that bug it gets to me. I feel paralyzed by anxiety and it causes me to not finish my assignments. I’m scared that my mom or me is going to just suddenly drop dead.

I recently got my acceptance letter from CalArts and for the first time in my life I’m excited for the future but this stupid bug anxiety is ruining everything. I’m sorry if this is incoherent, I’m tired and writing this on mobile. I’m just :( so upset right now.

nomorepanic
27-02-18, 10:59
But it can't be anything to do with the bug or you would be dead now surely?

venusbluejeans
27-02-18, 11:42
I don't normally post symptoms I find onto here as they are likely to trigger, but this is a rare one that I have never heard of so.....

symptoms of Chagas disease may be swelling and/or redness at the skin infection site (termed chagoma), rash, swollen lymph nodes, fever, head and body aches, fatigue, nausea, vomiting and/or diarrhea, liver and/or spleen enlargement, and the Romaña sign.
In fact,studies have found that there is only about one case of Chagas, for every 4,000 contacts with infected kissing bugs.

and the bug has to also have sat there and fed of you to actually contract this disease..... and you would know if one did..... and that particular bug has to have been an infected one in the first place........ then you add on the 1 in 4000 chance of you getting it from that bug feeding off you (which it didn't)

So.... yeah..... you don't have it.... you are fine