PDA

View Full Version : Panicked about being injected different drug

seedling
27-02-18, 09:08
I went for my last rabies vaccine today, I did not watch the package of the vaccine. It was a very dirty place as all other were closed. After taking the vaccine I returned home but now I am panicking thinking what if the nurse injected me with any other drug. Suppose she injected me with any other drug. Should I worry?

Carys
27-02-18, 09:24
You sound exactly like Anku ?!

seedling
27-02-18, 09:26
?? Anku is my friend. He posted 1 question on my behalf

Carys
27-02-18, 09:36
Well you both seem very very stressed about rabies and rabies vaccines, and are setting each other off in your fear. I can kind of understand it in India where rabies is a problem. If you both have your vaccines, does that cover you for life for rabies?

You say it was a 'very dirty place'...was it not a clinic or hospital? The injection is done now, and lets be honest, if it was anything sinister then it would be affecting you by now wouldn't it.

seedling
27-02-18, 09:39
No it was a medical shop, I am already taking the vaccine following a dog scratch. Anku is ok now, he was panicking because I told him about the long incubation period of the virus. But now he is fine.

Carys
27-02-18, 09:42
OK, yes, I recall him saying you were having it for a scratch.

I dont know what a 'medical shop' is, I'm sorry? Do you get any written record after the injection?

seedling
27-02-18, 09:48
We have medical stores here, where you can buy medicine. I went to buy the vaccine there and a nurse injected it. I was charged for the same vaccine that the doctor prescribed me. It is just my mind which has become very obsessed with diseases and I keep thinking about possible exposures. So, now I am panicking about the incident thinking of what if situations, One of my uncle died of cancer because of wrong treatment and now its haunting me what if wrong drug was used on me and all. ��

Carys
27-02-18, 10:09
OK, kind of like we can have some injections done in the pharmacy.

Sorry to hear that you have some anxiety from the death of a family member, that is really difficult to deal with if wrong medications were given.

Ok, so how do they keep a record that you have had this vaccine....do you have a receipt or health booklet or are they done on the computer?