PDA

View Full Version : I have a Diagnosis

bridgey
27-02-18, 13:36
So i have been to see a counsellor from our staff support team at work today and he has diagnosed me with Separation Anxiety!

im tired now as ive accessed parts of my brain ive shut off to people but i feel like now is the time to sort it out and the load has shifted.

Time to start the road to recovery!

ana
27-02-18, 14:51
I have that too! *high five* :D

bridgey
27-02-18, 16:18
I have that too! *high five* :D

YAY anxiety buddies:yesyes::yesyes::welcome::bighug1:

ana
27-02-18, 20:47
:hugs: those are the best buddies!!!

Catherine S
27-02-18, 21:53
Well done on your positivity. Keep looking forward :)

ana
28-02-18, 09:23
Just out of curiosity, Bridgey, what has your counsellor suggested you try and do in order to cope with your separation anxiety? I've done a significant amount of work on mine, but I still feel like the end is nowhere near in sight.

bridgey
28-02-18, 10:33
Just out of curiosity, Bridgey, what has your counsellor suggested you try and do in order to cope with your separation anxiety? I've done a significant amount of work on mine, but I still feel like the end is nowhere near in sight.

I told him i was doing mindfulness and he said that was great. We havent gone through many techniques as of yet but he says try and open the doors where the anxiety is coming from and give it the light we are scared to give it as it will make it shrink.

Im seeing him again next week

ana
28-02-18, 15:54
Hmm... interesting words he chose there. I suppose it's important to realise that anxiety isn't harmful. Our anxious thoughts perpetuate the anxious feelings. My therapist tells me not to 'feed the beast', so I'm trying to starve it atm. :)