PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety. Bad! AGAIN.

Mamaof1
27-02-18, 18:03
Hi guys!

I have been ready threads on here a year or so but have never wrote on here myself..... here goes..

I have had a long battle with health anxiety I’m currently on sertraline and attending CBT.. both seem to work a little.. maybe? Maybe not?

I currently have a obsession with a marking I found on my forehead on Sunday evening and I cannot stop looking at it in different lights and checking to see if it is still there! I’m becoming OBSESSED with it! Classic anxiety!

Am I able to upload a photo on this forum to get other people’s opinions?

Happy wishes and thoughts to all :)

Think I managed the photo upload!! Ha

venusbluejeans
27-02-18, 18:10
Hiya Mamaof1 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
01-03-18, 14:10
Good morning Mamaof1

I didn't look at the image because I am not qualified to give you an opinion. What I will say is health anxiety will cause OCD, believe me I know. I myself used to stress about my blood pressure to the point I checked it three times a day. What I had to learn was, sometimes things are just going to happen.

Panic and anxiety feed on our fears, the "what if's" in life. Things like what if I have a heart attack? What if that car swerves into my lane? What if this mole is cancerous? The what if reflex serves a purpose, but sometimes the warning light gets stuck, causing us to panic.

My advice as a sufferer of panic and health anxiety is to tell you, get it checked when you can. Check on some helps with meditation and other relaxation techniques. Get on the chat or a forum threads to express your thoughts and fears.

I am not trying to put down your concerns, all I'm saying is approach this with a clear mind. Allowing your thoughts to get the better of you only causes worry and lose of focus on the other important things in life. Best to you Mamaof1 on you and your child's journey.

Mamaof1
01-03-18, 16:26
Thank you so much for your lovely reply!

Best health and wishes to you in the future xx

fduop
02-03-18, 13:43
:welcome:

Mamaof1
02-03-18, 17:13
Thank you for the welcome :)