PDA

View Full Version : Chest infection or sepsis?

DottyWood94
27-02-18, 18:57
I got diagnosed with a chest infection yesterday morning, my heart is racing and I've got a temp. I went to the hospital last night because I was scared about sepsis and they said they aren't concerned and gave me painkillers to keep my temp down. Today I've had the chills and I woke up really hot and my hearts racing again and it won't calm down. I'm really scared, I've also come on my period, shall I go back to the hospital? My heart rate won't calm down :(

Fishmanpa
27-02-18, 19:03
I got diagnosed with a chest infection yesterday morning, my heart is racing and I've got a temp. I went to the hospital last night because I was scared about sepsis and they said they aren't concerned and gave me painkillers to keep my temp down. Today I've had the chills and I woke up really hot and my hearts racing again and it won't calm down. I'm really scared, I've also come on my period, shall I go back to the hospital? My heart rate won't calm down :(

If you've been there once and they weren't concerned. I don't know what they would be able to do if you went back. Certainly you could call but ultimately, the decision is up to you. You have an infection. It sucks and you feel like poo but that's what the professionals have said.

Positive thoughts

nomorepanic
27-02-18, 19:05
You don't need to go to the hospital if you have already been once and were discharged.

If you are really worried call your out-of-hours doctor for advice.

jrcoleman
27-02-18, 19:24
Hi Dotty.

With infection comes fever and with fever come chills, sweating and increased heart rate. This is part of the healing process. Worrying over the heart rate is probably causing it to rise a bit more. My suggestion is to have a nice cup of green tea (no caffeine) and wrap up in a warm blanket. Once you break the fever you will begin to feel better.

DottyWood94
27-02-18, 19:53
Hi Dotty.

With infection comes fever and with fever come chills, sweating and increased heart rate. This is part of the healing process. Worrying over the heart rate is probably causing it to rise a bit more. My suggestion is to have a nice cup of green tea (no caffeine) and wrap up in a warm blanket. Once you break the fever you will begin to feel better.

Thank you. I'm really scared that it'll turn into something more sincere xx

Carys
27-02-18, 20:35
HI Dotty, this is the same as you asked yesterday, and had replies to. I am presuming that the change is that you have a temperature? What is it currently? How fast is your heart going ? Could it be that you have the flu?

Why not ring your out of hours doctor serviec and ask their advice.

au Lait
27-02-18, 21:42
Your heart works a little harder when you’re sick. I had the flu for like a month back in December. My heart was racing a lot too. You’ve seen a doctor and they said you’re fine. It’s a normal virus and you will get better. Get lots of rest, drink plenty of water and let the antibiotics work their magic. No need to feel anxious, it just takes time to get better that’s all.

Ethansmom
27-02-18, 22:22
I know someone who just had sepsis and went into septic shock. He got it from a cut on his leg (he's diabetic). Anyway, he fell out of bed, was so weak, and they tested him for sepsis right away. His blood pressure was way down and then way up. They can typically tell if it's something serious just by your vitals. You are fine. It's just a chest infection. He is fine BTW. Antibiotics cleared it up!

DottyWood94
27-02-18, 22:54
Your heart works a little harder when you’re sick. I had the flu for like a month back in December. My heart was racing a lot too. You’ve seen a doctor and they said you’re fine. It’s a normal virus and you will get better. Get lots of rest, drink plenty of water and let the antibiotics work their magic. No need to feel anxious, it just takes time to get better that’s all.

Is it normal to get a runny nose too?

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

HI Dotty, this is the same as you asked yesterday, and had replies to. I am presuming that the change is that you have a temperature? What is it currently? How fast is your heart going ? Could it be that you have the flu?

Why not ring your out of hours doctor serviec and ask their advice.

My temp was 38.1 yesterday but after paracetamol it's completely gone down, I'm left with a runny nose now

au Lait
28-02-18, 02:08
Is it normal to get a runny nose too?

---------- Post added at 22:54 ---------- Previous post was at 22:53 ----------

My temp was 38.1 yesterday but after paracetamol it's completely gone down, I'm left with a runny nose now

Runny nose is absolutely normal.

jojo0328
28-02-18, 03:35
I just went back through your posts and this isnt thr first time you've been worried about sepsis.

Are you doing anything about HA? On the previous posts other users commented telling you the same things they have on this post. Sepsis is a serious life threatening emergency and you would know if you had something that wrong. You would be feeling very unwell.

Carys
28-02-18, 07:42
Dottywood, I wouldn't mind betting that you now have a cold or mild flu ontop of everything else. It certainly sounds like it, with the mild temp and runny nose. Probably caught it from the doctor's surgery!

DottyWood94
02-03-18, 22:04
Hey. I posted on here a few days ago about a chest infection, most of the mucus has cleared up and I had a bad runny nose, now Im left with a horrible tickly cough to the point of where I'm nearly vomiting, the tickle will not go away, my sternum is starting to hurt when I cough now, I don't want to take any more paracetamol so I won't be having Lemsips or beechams, at the minute I'm drinking lemon and honey, anyone else got any tips? Also I've finished my antibiotic today..

Scaredtoo
02-03-18, 22:23
My daughter just got over this. We were at the doctors three times. What helped her was saline nose spray, a cool mist humidifier, they also gave her an inhaler but that didn’t do much for her. We also got prescription cough pills but those didn’t help much. Good old robitussin (I’m in the US) ended up doing the trick. Feel better

nomorepanic
02-03-18, 22:41
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.