PDA

View Full Version : Creativity for Wellbeing

mezzaninedoor
28-02-18, 08:35
I find that my poetry I write helps me with my BiPolar
This is an interesting post on the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/stories-42922769/world-hacks-how-improv-helped-me-beat-anxiety

Carys
28-02-18, 10:27
That's really interesting; the guy leading them makes so much sense, about the improv forcing you to live in the present. It looks like so much fun and I honestly can see so easily how it helps social anxiety and confidence.

I have lots of hobbies, interests, and do many creative activities and all help to distract, give a sense of achievement and pride (and are a really important part of therapy often in a residential setting). This looks like it would be something that some people would be terrified of, but actually having the will and strength to take part, and being committed to taking part in the best way you can, would be so helpful. I hope the idea spreads.

mezzaninedoor
28-02-18, 10:38
Im going to sign up for the local Improv group, sounds right up my street and a bonus if it helps with the anxiety element of my BiPolar.

I think hobbies are very important

Carys
28-02-18, 10:42
There are local groups ?

What you gain from it would also be friendships and social interaction too, its a non-brainer isn't it.

mezzaninedoor
01-03-18, 12:28
It is a no-brainer, yes there is a local improv group in Norwich which is where I work though not where I live, going to look into it next week

I want to get into a better way of regularily writing rather than binge writing, i think a more even flow of output prose and poems would help me i think

Carys
01-03-18, 13:13
Sounds great, I'd love to hear how you get on with it.

mezzaninedoor
01-03-18, 17:18
will report back