PDA

View Full Version : Lower Left arm Twitching

laurose
28-02-18, 16:42
Hi I’m a 16 year old female. 2 weeks ago when I woke up I noticed the lower part of my left arm just above my wrist was twitching. Over the past few weeks it has happened on and off and not every day but most. 5 days after I noticed the twitch my exams started. Could it be stress. I am overweight and have fair skin (hereditary) that bruises easily and randomly. I also have pinprick red dots on my arms and some on my legs that have been there for years that my mum and Dad also have. I suffer strongly from health anxiety and I am worrying myself sick. Please help me out. I usually don’t notice the twitching unless I’m thinking about it. In the past I have thought my bruising and spots may be something serious like leukaemia. Should I be worried?

ServerError
28-02-18, 17:24
Honestly, everybody twitches. And in times of stress, twitching is about the most common physical response.

You're only 16. Even I, the most neurotic person I know, didn't suffer from health anxiety at 16. I find it really sad to see someone your age dealing with this.

Have you ever had any help with your anxiety?

laurose
28-02-18, 17:30
Honestly, everybody twitches. And in times of stress, twitching is about the most common physical response.

You're only 16. Even I, the most neurotic person I know, didn't suffer from health anxiety at 16. I find it really sad to see someone your age dealing with this.

Have you ever had any help with your anxiety?

I get help in school when it’s really bad and my mum suffers from it to. I’m always worrying about something different until one piece of information convinced me I’m okay

Carys
28-02-18, 17:58
Twitching muscles are just tired muscles, that have been used too much, or stressed and tensed in ways that make them complain. :D

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:56 ----------

Servererror, I had terrible HA at 13 (it wasn't treated in those days, and I was stuck on Valium by doctors who didn't know how to treat it) and I think it s more common than you think at that age. People suddenly loose their childlike complacency of everything to being safe and solveable, and combine that with mood changes, hormone changes and general growing up angst and HA can start up.

laurose
28-02-18, 18:03
Twitching muscles are just tired muscles, that have been used too much, or stressed and tensed in ways that make them complain. :D

Servererror, I had terrible HA at 13 (it wasn't treated in those days, and I was stuck on Valium by doctors who didn't know how to treat it) and I think it s more common than you think at that age. People suddenly loose their childlike complacency of everything to being safe and solveable, and combine that with mood changes, hormone changes and general growing up angst and HA can start up.
Thank you my mind has been put at a bit of ease ❤️

Carys
28-02-18, 18:06
Good. Honestly, it really is nothing to worry about. If I get tired my left eye twitches. Actually, I'm a long way from your age, just heading into menopause....and I have benign muscles twitches all over my body every day. Muscles that are fatigued.

laurose
28-02-18, 18:14
Good. Honestly, it really is nothing to worry about. If I get tired my left eye twitches. Actually, I'm a long way from your age, just heading into menopause....and I have benign muscles twitches all over my body every day. Muscles that are fatigued.

So you wouldn’t say it was anything more serious or sinister like I mentioned in my post?

Fishmanpa
28-02-18, 18:47
So you wouldn’t say it was anything more serious or sinister like I mentioned in my post?

You've had several replies of reassurance. What did everyone say?

Positive thoughts

ServerError
28-02-18, 18:56

Oh, I wasn't meaning to imply it doesn't happen. I was just saying what a shame it is. I bet it's more common than ever with the internet and social media. When I was 16, the internet was only just taking off as something everybody has, and there wasn't really any social media. And I'm not even that old now!

BazB44
28-02-18, 21:26
Twitching is a deep rabbit hole as it gets. Ive been fearful for 18 months now, please dont go down that hole.

Carys
28-02-18, 22:08
I was just saying what a shame it is. I bet it's more common than ever with the internet and social media.

I've wondered this, and asked this very question on this forum. I wonder to what extent it is more common, or if the HA sufferers just have more detailed access to a larger variety of conditions. When I had HA way before computers, I had no way of knowing about different illnesses and just presumed things were wrong in quite simplistic ways, nowadays everyone knows medical details and names for everything.

ServerError
28-02-18, 22:13
There have been a few conditions I've worried about that I wouldn't have known about without this very forum. I certainly wouldn't have thought I might have Barrett's Esophagus without seeing threads here about it.

Looking back, it was this place that put melanoma in my head and Crohn's disease as well.

Fishmanpa
28-02-18, 22:16
I certainly wouldn't have thought I might have Barrett's Esophagus without seeing threads here about it.

I'm sure Barrett wouldn't be too happy about it either! :winks:

Positive thoughts