PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

AngieM
01-03-18, 08:15
Hi, my name is Angie,
I have had anxiety for a few years now, but panic attacks have become worse since last December. We are in the middle of a planned move, and I'm also suddenly starting to grieve for my mum who passed 4 years ago. I'm middle fifties,
Is there anyone else with anything similar.
Also, my anxiety makes me feel as if I'm choking.
Really hope I'm not the only one.

venusbluejeans
01-03-18, 08:21
Hiya AngieM and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

AngieM
02-03-18, 03:28
Hi, thank you, I've been reading a few articles so far, it's good to know I'm not on my own with this.

Kev_kwm
04-03-18, 09:22
Hi Angie, ive had to deal with Anxiety most of my Life im nearly 30 now. You are not alone. Ive found reading books to do with our illness is helping to understand it and how it works. I could recomend a few books if you would like. My current fear at the moment is because my life is going so well at the moment im always thinking im going to loose everything and everyone i love. I have a wonderful Fiance 2 great dogs a beautiful home and a great relationship with my parents. I also get the Panic Attacks, i started medication a few weeks ago for the 1st time and started seeing a therapist for the 1st time also. If you would like to chat give me a message as i know talking can really help.