PDA

View Full Version : My scale is showing a 30lbs Weight loss over night.

Mav
01-03-18, 10:36
Someone reassure me this is impossible and my scale is broken. I started a cleanse yesterday so I don't know if my body is the one being problematic or my scale which was working fine up until today.

I know a normal persons brain says the scale is broken, but I'm worried something is wrong.

I don't look any different so I can't have possibility 30lbs overnight. This is so ridiculous. I can't believe I'm freaking out over this. But here I am really worrying about this.

Elen
01-03-18, 10:40
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1760556#post1760556

Please read the below post from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Due to technical problems it is proving difficult to merge posts so for the moment any posts that we feel should be on a previous thread will be closed, allowing you the opportunity to re-post on your existing thread.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

jojo2316
01-03-18, 10:41
Of COURSE your scales are broken!!

Mav
01-03-18, 10:46
Of COURSE your scales are broken!!

I know :( but I don't know why it sent me into so much panic. Ugh. Stupid brain.

nomorepanic
01-03-18, 10:52
You have to use logic here - could I lose that much weight overnight? No, it is not possible.

Re-train your brain to think about these things logically and practically.

jojo2316
01-03-18, 10:53
Easily done! My brain does the same. But really. 30lb!! Give your brain a telling off for that one!!

MyNameIsTerry
01-03-18, 10:54
Scales can be badly affected by wet feet or an uneven surface if they are electronic. So, they may still be working fine but something has caused an error in taking a reading.

Losing 30 lbs of weight over night is certainly possible...but it would involve a meat cleaver and a leg you no longer wanted!

Potter86
01-03-18, 13:49
You cant lose 30lb overnight even if you were ill!!!!

darkside4k
01-03-18, 14:11
That's not possible.

Fishmanpa
01-03-18, 14:50
I lost 5 pounds after the prep for my colonoscopy :roflmao: It felt like I lost 30 pounds though! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts

Carys
01-03-18, 16:35
You so CAN lose 30lbs......if you chop a leg off.

ChocolateButton
01-03-18, 19:33
As others have said, it is impossible to lose that much weight overnight so it is likely an issue with your scales.

From personal experience I've found that:

- scales can show differing results depending on whether you put the scales on carpet / lino / what have you. Or if the floor is uneven, even if you don't put it in the same place as you did last time.

- scales also show differing results if you stand slightly further forward/back from how you stood the last time.

- scales can show differing results if your dog puts her paw on the scale when you're on it.

So please don't worry about this. :hugs:

tantopat
02-03-18, 02:24
Weight can fluctuate easily, even within a day, due to things like eating, drinking and relieving yourself. That plus a set of likely faulty scales (they often get a lot more inaccurate when placed on soft surfaces, too, so be sure to place them on a hard floor - I was once told by mine that I'd gained 12lbs in the space of a minute after moving them off the bath mat!) means you really don't have anything to worry about. It's pretty much impossible for the body to actually do that. :)

MyNameIsTerry
02-03-18, 05:13
Weight can fluctuate easily, even within a day, due to things like eating, drinking and relieving yourself. That plus a set of likely faulty scales (they often get a lot more inaccurate when placed on soft surfaces, too, so be sure to place them on a hard floor - I was once told by mine that I'd gained 12lbs in the space of a minute after moving them off the bath mat!) means you really don't have anything to worry about. It's pretty much impossible for the body to actually do that. :)

Sounds like ChocolateButton's dog paw might be a culprit in those 12lbs. Those fat monitoring ones are a pain, they keep telling me I'm obese yet I'm in the average range for a man of my age in body fat and BMI!

That did make me laugh, ChocolateButton. :D

ColdHands
02-03-18, 18:59
Did you amputate a limb? If not, then your scales are broken.