PDA

View Full Version : CT Scan Protocol????

gflanagan86
01-03-18, 23:01
hello,

Wondering about this.. I had a CT scan early this morning, the technician said the results should be sent to my doctor in a few hours. This afternoon i called the doctors office (who is a Gastro DR) the girl who answered said the results were in. I asked if the doctor or the PA could call me back with results and she said the doctor wasn't in today and they have people come in for results.

Being a complete hypochondriac I took this as they want me to come in so they can tell me bad news!!!

My question is for anyone who has had a doctor order a CT scan, did you have to come in to the office for your results????

Fishmanpa
01-03-18, 23:09
My question is for anyone who has had a doctor order a CT scan, did you have to come in to the office for your results????

Depends... I had one done last year (I have one done yearly as I'm a survivor). They forward them to my GP and I can view the results on MyChart. In my case, unless they see something, I get an email saying all looks good and we'll see you next visit. I can tell you from experience that sometimes it's protocol to discuss them in person even if they're fine.

Positive thoughts

gflanagan86
01-03-18, 23:13
Thank you! I appreciate the response. I have to go in tomorrow for the results and Im a nervous wreck