PDA

View Full Version : What kinda tools do you use?

Civics23
02-03-18, 17:18
I suffer from OCD and anxiety so, when I get something stuck in my head it's like a record player, I struggle with very intrusive thoughts, mostly POCD.

My question is what kinda tools do you use to help with them?

Thank you in advance

Civics23
04-03-18, 23:45
Can anyone help me with this please?

Scass
05-03-18, 14:56
I wish I could help, but I don’t have a lot of ocd experience. I do have anxiety though. My tools are: relaxing (proper deep breathing), writing in my diary, having a cup of tea, doing something that involves thinking! Such as playing a game, washing up, cooking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civics23
05-03-18, 19:02
Thank you for the response I also have anxiety. I probably just need to find something to do too keep me busy honestly. I'll try this that k you again

Civics23
06-03-18, 14:19
Anyone else on here could give some advice and input? On how you deal with your OCD

Homer47
06-03-18, 19:02
Hi yes I have intrusive thoughts constantly but do have days which are good. Depending what subject my my minds stuck on. Say for example my ocd is focused on harm. I wouldn’t avoid being near people I would just ride out the anxiety feeling which is hard but hit does faid. My mind is stuck on work anxiety like what people are thinking or mind reading. At the moment I am just trying not to trigger anything. Sometimes I do get abit if reassurance from my wife. Exercising is good for taking your mind off it. Hope some of that helps. Best not to avoid your fear. Face it. Easy said than done.

Midnight-mouse
06-03-18, 20:03
I think the only thing I can do is practice acceptance that I’m having the thought and allowing it to pass on by. It’s not easy but when I have an intrusive thoughts I just think ‘yeah okay then’ and let it go sometimes its more difficult than others but it’s getting easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homer47
06-03-18, 20:15
Agree with that above totally ��

Civics23
07-03-18, 03:24
Thank you guys for the replys I think this post can help others that need tools

Bigboyuk
07-03-18, 11:39
Tools are very important and in the uk there is a 12 step and wellness tool programme designed to work with ANY MH condition details can be found at www.changes.org.uk (http://www.changes.org.uk) this charity is launching very soon a streaming radio station which will be accessible to the whole world to combat MH and will start off with Podcasts and eventually may go live with guest speakers on and MH professionals too. ATB

Koncon
07-03-18, 11:57
Just keep on working - that is what really helps. However, sometimes the work itself becomes a phobia. Need to diversify tools..
@Bigboyuk, is it a proper link? It looks like the site is closed.

Bigboyuk
07-03-18, 12:14
Just keep on working - that is what really helps. However, sometimes the work itself becomes a phobia. Need to diversify tools..
@Bigboyuk, is it a proper link? It looks like the site is closed. Hi Koncon no it was a typo I have corrected it now and the address is: www.changes.org.uk (http://www.changes.org.uk) it's worth a look :)_ ATB

Civics23
12-03-18, 01:37
Wow that's awesome I'll look into it

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

So, when I get intimate with my with and I have these thoughts, how do you accept them in those type of situations?

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Wife***

Civics23
12-03-18, 15:09
Thanks for that I'll look into it.

Yes accepting is huge! What about having intimacy with my wife and I start having bad thoughts about intrusive thoughts that is sickening how do you disregard them?

Bigboyuk
13-03-18, 11:25
Wow that's awesome I'll look into it

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

So, when I get intimate with my with and I have these thoughts, how do you accept them in those type of situations?

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

Wife*** Well yes it is and the thing is if those 12 steps are put in to our daily lives(we can begin to recover) no matter what MH condition(s) we have it's 'proven' to work I have faith in any 12 step programme wether it's for Alcohol addictions Gambling, Over eating etc ,they simply do work if used on a daily basis :) I keep asking about the radio station being launched very soon but as soon as I know the date then I will put it up on the forum for every one :) ATB

clio51
13-03-18, 12:38
Wow that’s a really good charity on mh
Only wish it was nearer me. Mcr
But will definitely have a read through

Civics23
15-03-18, 15:47
Does anyone wanna touch on my last subject of what I was talking about with my wife?