PDA

View Full Version : Self-care after panic attack

Ellecee
03-03-18, 06:23
Any tips for how to provide self-care after a panic attack? I suffer from health anxiety that I'm working very hard to overcome. I've come a long way (stopped consulting Dr. Google, stopped checking blood pressure, etc), but I have chronic illness, and still have breakthrough panic attacks. I am usually able to ride them out, however, I'm plagued with long periods of anxiety afterwards. It's like the fire is out, but the embers will glow all night. How do I effectively deal with the embers and stop the anxiety in its path?

Aquilega
03-03-18, 09:14
Hi Ellecee I wish i could give you some advice my friend but I am struggling at the moment,when I have a panic attack its spreads like ripples in a pond and lasts for weeks,to day I feel nauseous ,light headed and like crap,I know what it is I have had GAD for 30 years,and I do know that it won't hurt me,but there you go,there's know logic to it,just try and keep going my friend how ever hard it seems

Ellecee
04-03-18, 04:58
Hi Ellecee I wish i could give you some advice my friend but I am struggling at the moment,when I have a panic attack its spreads like ripples in a pond and lasts for weeks,to day I feel nauseous ,light headed and like crap,I know what it is I have had GAD for 30 years,and I do know that it won't hurt me,but there you go,there's know logic to it,just try and keep going my friend how ever hard it seems

Thanks for replying! Yes, the fact that the anxiety lasts for so long after the episode is so annoying. I hate the heightened state of awareness, and just want to get back to status quo. I just don’t know how to facilitate that.

braindead
04-03-18, 17:23
Thanks for replying! Yes, the fact that the anxiety lasts for so long after the episode is so annoying. I hate the heightened state of awareness, and just want to get back to status quo. I just don’t know how to facilitate that.

a slug of brandy goes straight to the brain :whistles:mmmmmmmmmmmmm

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:20 ----------

Any tips for how to provide self-care after a panic attack? I suffer from health anxiety that I'm working very hard to overcome. I've come a long way (stopped consulting Dr. Google, stopped checking blood pressure, etc), but I have chronic illness, and still have breakthrough panic attacks. I am usually able to ride them out, however, I'm plagued with long periods of anxiety afterwards. It's like the fire is out, but the embers will glow all night. How do I effectively deal with the embers and stop the anxiety in its path?
nice way of explaining almost poetic:hugs:

Pkstracy
11-03-18, 03:53
I invested in a weighted blanket, for when I have my panic attacks, it really helps, after care I sleep a lot and or trying to find something to do such as play a computer game or read or watch a t.v. series that I like, sending you hugs. Health anxiety is the worse,I need to break myself of dr. google.