PDA

View Full Version : Hopefully an end to all this worry tomorrow...

joeyr
08-07-07, 19:32
I've been getting a few weird things going on in my body - I had a strange nasal infection that just made one nostril inside really red and sore - it hasn't gone away but Dr tells me nothing to worry about unless it gets worse. Then I noticed a whiteish coating at the back of my tongue - again Dr told me nothing to worry about, looked normal, might be from not drinking enough water. I phoned up to see if I could become a blood donor as I know there is always a shortage and they told me that where I had a blood transfusion when I had my daughter 2 yrs ago, I am not allowed to give blood due to the HIV risk - which led to me worrying and then getting so worked up I only have to sneeze and I want to go to the doctor!!

I have been driving my family absolutely mad (and myself!) so went to get a HIV test - the doctor actually looked at me as if I was mad and said I had one when I was pregnant with my daughter, however she couldn't reassure me as to what the results were as it was done at a different surgery before we moved. So I have to ring on Monday. She told me I was at very low risk and that this would really be to put my mind at rest if anything. So although I am nervous about ringing up tomorrow for the results, I'm actually hoping that this will put an end to all this worrying one way or the other. I was really spurred on to do it from people on this site who have gone and done it and it helped them a lot. Otherwise I will just be Googling and driving everyone insane!! Honestly - you type in something like a headache and I think a stroke comes up!

So wish me luck and fingers crossed.

(My husband gave blood as he always does and got a letter saying it was all fine so that reassures me a bit!).

jill
08-07-07, 23:31
Hi Joe,

I can understand why you feel the need to do this, peace of mind goes along way.

I know things will come back fine, but I do hope that when it does you can put this behind you and move on.

Ohhhh naughty naughty, please don't google, according to google I should have been dead years ago LOL,LOL,LOL

Please let us know how you get on.

You take care

LOVE JILLXX

honeybee3939
09-07-07, 14:19
Hi Joe

Hope all went well today :yesyes: then things can move forward for you hun.:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

joeyr
09-07-07, 14:34
Just phoned up for the results and it is all negative so I'm very happy about that. Now I can stop looking for cold sores and other things and get on with living my life (hopefully!!).
Thank you for all your support.

honeybee3939
09-07-07, 14:51
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Great news Joey !:yesyes: You can move on now hun and stop worrying!:yesyes:

love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

jill
09-07-07, 19:03
Hi Joe,