PDA

View Full Version : Eye Twitch

mimijube
03-03-18, 12:24
Hello all,
I am new to the forum and not sure if this is the best place to send out a note but here goes!
Does anyone get eye twitches as a result as their anxiety? My upper right inner lid has been continuously twitching for 9 days now. Makes my vision fluttery and hard to ignore. How does one put a symptom out of mind when its constantly flickering away?

nomorepanic
03-03-18, 12:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

KK77
03-03-18, 12:54
Twitches are nothing serious, so although they can be hard to ignore, keep in mind that they will do you no harm. That way, it won't fuel your anxiety, which just increases twitching.

NMP even had a band called the Twitchers. Don't think they were interested in birdwatching and were soon disbanded :wacko:

mimijube
03-03-18, 17:35
Haha ah yes I can see how that might go awry! Thanks for reply :)

Midnight-mouse
03-03-18, 20:33
Absolutely! I have a reoccurring twitch that likes to pick a spot on my right eye and play with it. Last time it was happening for weeks. Today I’ve been lucky and it’s only happened twice but it could still be back to annoy me later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mimijube
12-03-18, 12:47
For the last 18 days, my upper left eye lid has been twitching constantly. It came on strong and now flutters every second or two. I DR Googled long term eye twitch and scared myself terribly. Went to the doc and she said it's stress related and will go away when my stress is reduced. Feel like I'm caught in this vicious cycle of eye twitch and worry. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm so freaked out :(

mimijube
12-03-18, 17:28
Well, would you believe it? The twitching eye ceased about an hour after I posted this thread. So for those of you out there wondering, it does indeed go away! Hurray!

BazB44
12-03-18, 18:13
ive had eye twitches on and off for many years. I believe its called myokymia too.

Elen
12-03-18, 18:15
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Carys
12-03-18, 18:16
Don't be worried if it comes back, as if you are susceptible then it can do. The longest I had this....was my left eye that did it for 12 months ! Yep, 12 flippin months. Not constantly, some days it went and then came back. :D:D:D It hasn't done it for 6 months though.

dus1996
12-03-18, 21:34
my left eye was twitching costantly every day for 2 months i think?? it was so annoying and i was thinking the worst but it suddenly stopped.. i don't know if it will come back but i hope not!! i just wish it was a symptom of my anxiety

mimijube
13-03-18, 00:39
You've all really put my mind at ease.
You guys are such troopers!! I shall keep this all in mind if it happens again and try not to panic. Thank you so much!