PDA

View Full Version : The view from my settee.

BikerMatt
03-03-18, 17:47
Something that i really enjoy, find relaxing and spend hours on end watching.

Elen
03-03-18, 17:51
Lovely, I loved my tank but it can be hard work.

Catherine S
03-03-18, 17:52
Who needs the tv! The view from my settee at the moment is my old man snoring in his favourite armchair, so I won't share that one if that's ok :D

BikerMatt
03-03-18, 18:27
Lovely, I loved my tank but it can be hard work.

Thanks Elen. It's not as easy as people would think. Weekly water changes, cleaning and replacing filters, correct temperature etc.

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:21 ----------

Who needs the tv! The view from my settee at the moment is my old man snoring in his favourite armchair, so I won't share that one if that's ok :D

:roflmao:

In Yfronts and a string vest? Do you have to keep wiping the dribble off his chin or have you just put a flannel on his chest to catch it:ohmy::D

Catherine S
03-03-18, 18:33
Nah Matt, he's German, they don't know the beauty that is the string vest lol! As for the dribbling, I find one of those plastic bibs works a treat !

My dad always had tropical fish as we were growing up, he took meticulous care of his fish and tanks. Me and my brother were never allowed to touch them..thankfully. He did lose one or two from time to time so I'd have hated to be responsible for that happening :O

AntsyVee
03-03-18, 18:36
Oooooooo...fish zen!

Carys
03-03-18, 18:38
It's not all ALL easy....was going to say that myself ! Having failed a few times with simple cold water fish, and having done all that was required in terms of good practice, I concur. I'd love a big fishy tank, they are wonderfully relaxing. Very nice Matt.

BikerMatt
03-03-18, 20:40
Nah Matt, he's German, they don't know the beauty that is the string vest lol! As for the dribbling, I find one of those plastic bibs works a treat !

My dad always had tropical fish as we were growing up, he took meticulous care of his fish and tanks. Me and my brother were never allowed to touch them..thankfully. He did lose one or two from time to time so I'd have hated to be responsible for that happening :O

Yes the wipe clean plastic bib. Good idea:yesyes:

You've got to be so careful they are so fragile. My little one knows not to bang on the glass. Many die in the shops when the kids do that.

---------- Post added at 20:36 ---------- Previous post was at 20:34 ----------

Oooooooo...fish zen!

Soooooooo relaxing.:yesyes:

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

It's not all ALL easy....was going to say that myself ! Having failed a few times with simple cold water fish, and having done all that was required in terms of good practice, I concur. I'd love a big fishy tank, they are wonderfully relaxing. Very nice Matt.

Thanks Carys. I wan't to get a marine tank and fish next, very expensive and complex tho. If you want to see something amazing Youtube Dog Face Puffer Fish.

Buster70
03-03-18, 22:34
If you think your fish are hard work you might want to rethink that getting a dog idea :D changing the water 5 times a day walking three dogs in minus five blizzards while two run off after a rabbit and the other older one decides she's going home and as for the view from the settee I wouldn't know there is no room with bloody dogs nicking your seat every time you move . I'll just tune in to the fish tank channel .
Took my grandkids to Skegness aquarium last year it was amazing being under the fish and so close to small sharks stayed so long a traffic warden was giving us a ticket when we came out , it was very calming and beautiful.

BikerMatt
04-03-18, 00:09
If you think your fish are hard work you might want to rethink that getting a dog idea :D changing the water 5 times a day walking three dogs in minus five blizzards while two run off after a rabbit and the other older one decides she's going home and as for the view from the settee I wouldn't know there is no room with bloody dogs nicking your seat every time you move . I'll just tune in to the fish tank channel .
Took my grandkids to Skegness aquarium last year it was amazing being under the fish and so close to small sharks stayed so long a traffic warden was giving us a ticket when we came out , it was very calming and beautiful.

Have you ever tried taking tropical fish for a walk? It's not easy especially when they all wan't to go out at different times:whistles:

MyNameIsTerry
04-03-18, 01:38
Marine tanks look good. Seen some in the fish mags before. Very cool.

We used to keep tropical fish and they do need plenty of cleaning out.

:kewlpics: It seems to say Liver on the top though...with onions? :D

Buster70
04-03-18, 20:02
Have you ever tried taking tropical fish for a walk? It's not easy especially when they all wan't to go out at different times:whistles:

Hey , if you can't be bothered to walk your fish you shouldn't have taken them on , you probably leave bags of fish poo hanging in trees as well , were they rescue fishies ? They have such a bad reputation but make such god pets :D my last fish lasted from when I was 5 until 27 it died several times but mum manged to revive it while I was out and once it even changed colour , I loved that fish :hugs:

BikerMatt
05-03-18, 00:28
Hey , if you can't be bothered to walk your fish you shouldn't have taken them on , you probably leave bags of fish poo hanging in trees as well , were they rescue fishies ? They have such a bad reputation but make such god pets :D my last fish lasted from when I was 5 until 27 it died several times but mum manged to revive it while I was out and once it even changed colour , I loved that fish :hugs:

Yep all rescue. Many were bred for fish fighting! You've got to be careful or they'll have your face off! My Partner got into it also, so much so she had a seashell tattooed on her inner thigh. If you put your ear to it you can't hear the sea but can certainly smell it!:sofa::oopsie::sofa:

If she reads that, sorry lovey!!!:bighug1:

---------- Post added 05-03-18 at 00:28 ---------- Previous post was 04-03-18 at 21:08 ----------

Marine tanks look good. Seen some in the fish mags before. Very cool.

We used to keep tropical fish and they do need plenty of cleaning out.

:kewlpics: It seems to say Liver on the top though...with onions? :D

Oh yes with onions, bacon, mashed spuds and thick gravy:yesyes:

Good spot Mr Terry:D