PDA

View Full Version : Pulmonary Hypertension/Lung Problems.

Hypochondriac98
04-03-18, 00:23
Hi everyone,

I feel like I'm a bit of an anomaly in these forums. I do have crippling anxiety, especially in regards to my health though so I'm in the right place.

About 2 years ago, I had my left lung spontaneously collapse, twice within a two week span. I ended getting a surgery called VATS pleurodesis to correct the problem. For anyone who is unaware of what that is, basically a surgeon goes inside, roughs up with your lung with medical gauze and/or talc to inflame it, and make it stick to your chest wall so it won't collapse fully anymore. 2 years later, I'm feeling alot better, obviously with diminished lung capacity, and chest pains in extreme weather. I'm basically a human barometer now. The slightest changes throw me into a whirl. Well these past few days, the weather here in PA has been going through some massive fluctuations, I've become hyper aware of my breathing, and it feels like I can't get in a full breath. It's not another collapse because I know that pain too well. My health anxiety got 10x worse after my surgery, so I've convinced myself that it's pulmonary hypertension, and I'm going to die at the young age of 19. I'm trying to tell myself that I've had MANY chest x-rays, 1 or 2 CT scans, and I believe I had some heart testing done a few years ago ( I don't remember the results but I don't think they mentioned anything sinister or I'd definitely remember), and none of my doctors/surgeons said anything about my heart or alluded to pulmonary hypertension. I'm pretty afraid that they missed something though, and that I have pulmonary hypertension that's getting worse by the day. I'm not really active physically, but I do play instruments and sing so I'm worried about all of it being taken away from me. Has anyone had a PH scare, or does anyone have an experience with it? I've been googling non-stop, bad i know, and I've convinced myself that this is it. :scared15:

Edit: I also forgot to add that my throat feels tight, and I feel like I'm breathing shallowly . I'm not dizzy and I've never suffered from high blood pressure ever in my young life. I used to get heart palpitations when I was younger, but its few and far between now. I had some pulmonary function tests done after my surgery and I got an inhaler for my bad days, but wouldn't have something like that picked up on PH at least? I don't know if this stemmed from me reading about someone who had PH (i impulsively googled), and I don't know if my current symptoms are psychosomatic or real