PDA

View Full Version : What is this? Scared

Lily83
04-03-18, 02:11
4 days ago I ate a bit of spicy food and I had flatulence all day then in the evening I developed a painful stomach ache and relieved myself after sitting on the loo for 20 minutes with diarrhea.

The next two days, I had orange soft stools with undigested food (sorry TMI) and still a lot of flatulence and gurgling sounds.

Last night, I started having mild lower back (in the middle at the bottom of my spine I think) and lower abdomen pain after going to the loo and it's freaking me out. It sometimes feels like it's a mild burning pain.

This morning (the 4th day) when I sat up after going to the loo again, still with undigested food, but at least medium brown now (sorry TMI), my mild lower abdomen and lower back pain came back and I had sharp twitching pain in my lower back sides a few times. Is that where my kidneys are?

Also throughout this unpleasant 4 days, I have been peeing more often and feeling lightheaded. And for a couple of weeks feeling fatigue, not sure if it's because I'm not sleeping enough or thinking too much.

I'm scared of cancer :weep:

The reason I'm thinking this way is because I have been resting my laptop sitting on my bed with my knees up so the laptop is resting on top of the duvet on my thighs and stomach for several years. Could I get it from the radiation from my laptop?

I'm so scared of everything now since going through a terrible time in 2016 :weep:

Please help. I'm frightened!

Midnight-mouse
04-03-18, 08:35
Some undigested food is normal, especially things like chilli, tomato, corn (think things with a similar ‘skin’ on them) I definitely sounds like the spicy food upset your stomach, that can take a few days to right itself. I have ibs, so believe me I’ve seen it all in the toilet bowl. I really think that it’s a bit of a stretch with the laptop to cause cancer though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Akoto
04-03-18, 09:10
I'm a self-admitted hypochondriac, and even I will say that I doubt your laptop put out so much radiation as to give you cancer. You can probably rest easy on that one. :)

I also agree with Midnight-mouse about the undigested food. That can be for a couple reasons. One, some foods just don't get digested, also as said above. Anything that's insoluble fiber might pass through intact, from corn, to seeds, to nuts and other things like that. Two, some people with IBS have rapid transit issues which might only come on with a flare. That could cause you to go before things have been fully broken down.

Unless I am very mistaken, I don't believe that undigested food is a typical symptom of anything like colon cancer, if that's any consolation.

I've had mild burning pain before, especially with flares. Could be something to do with more acid going on, or just inflammation, not really sure.

Reading around, you'll see that people with IBS have bowel movements of all shapes and colors of the rainbow. The only ones you need to watch out for - unless a physician says otherwise - are black or white stools. Black stool, especially tarry, could signal blood in the stool (we're talking black like plastic - you'd know it when you saw it). White stool can be a sign that not enough bile is getting to your stool in order to color it. The kind of food you're eating can also impact the color of your stool while otherwise being harmless.

I can't speak for what your usual IBS symptoms are, but if I had to take a non-physician's guess, the spicy food might've irritated your stomach and triggered a flare up. I have to avoid anything spicy or I pay for it. Might also be something like a touch of food poisoning, taking all of your symptoms together.

I'm no doctor, just trying to help out and maybe show that there are some less horrible possibilities for your issues. Please do see a physician if you get worse or you're still worried. They'll figure it out!

Lily83
05-03-18, 14:49
Thank you. I'm feeling so much better today. I don't know if I have IBS or just an upset stomach. How do you tell the difference?

axolotl
05-03-18, 14:54
If laptops caused cancer it would now be at epidemic proportions. Put that out of your mind.

Sounds like you had a dodgy curry, or at least one that doesn't agree with you personally. If it's just a one-off just put it down to one of those things.

Your poop changes depending on what you eat and don't get obsessed by colour. I once alarmed myself by noticing black stools... before remembering the big bag of liquorish toffees I'd eaten the night before ;)

Lily83
05-03-18, 15:35
Yeah that happened to me one time until I remembered eating a bowl of blueberries for breakfast. Thank you everyone.