PDA

View Full Version : Help

alexis
08-07-07, 21:07
Hi folks, this is getting beyond a joke now, as some of you know, Ive suffered for approx 2 years now, but improved immensely over this last few months, especially considering what has been thrown at me, but one thing which keeps cropping its ugly head is the heart buisness.
I was in hospital approx 20months ago with a very fast heart and feeling of "not being there", I was diagnosed with severe anxiety attack, at the time I also had severe depression,whilst it was difficult to accept this diagnosis (as I dont do ANY type of illness,never go to drs and only one casualty and three stays in hospital in all my life) I eventually accepted it after going through all the tests and being informed, my heart was too fast but had a good rhythm so be ok.
Recently I suffered exactly the same symptoms and returned to the gp, once again she was really good and completed bloods, ecg and gave same results. She said perhaps I should try beta blockers but i refrained.
Now I am not sure what to do, it happens so often in a day, I feel as if my heart will explode as it is quite painful, my dad died of cancer of the heart so occassionally that creeps into the back of my mind.
I do not go out nearby (other than work in the car) but can occassionally travel a few miles away to shop etc, but this week I had a do at the supermarket I go to, approx 40 miles away, so now have been put off going alone again, I ended up being ill and shut in the loo for quite a while until I composed myself,I dont know what I want really, just wondered how many of you were on beta blockers and should I try them.
I have just booked a holiday today, but am worried it happens in a strange country.
Any advice would be appreciated,they are not palpitaions, or missed beats, just pain and fast heart, thanks

pinkdizzygirl
08-07-07, 21:19
Hi alexis, first of all don't panic :-)I'd strongly urge you to get an ecg or heart halter to track your heart. Don't worry but I had a problem with a fast heart rate for years and the doctor kept saying it was anxiety except I did have an arythmia in my heart. They didn't pick it up for ages until I got a watch which iwore and anytime my heart went fast I recorded it. That was how they picked up I had a problem. I had it fixed and since then Ive been pretty ok. This will give you peace of mind! xxx

trac67
08-07-07, 22:10
Hi Alexis,

I'm not on beta blockers myself, but if they may help you, why not give them a go, nothing ventured nothing gained as they say.

Hope to catch up with you soon, we havent had a good chat for ages :hugs:

Love

Trac xxx

Piglet
08-07-07, 22:12
Hi ya hun,

I'm sure if there was more to worry about then the doctors would be doing even more tests etc etc.

I actually don't see what you've got to lose by giving the beta blockers ago mate. I did try them and they made me a bit sluggish and cos mine were for palpitations (and they went) I didn't carry on with them for long.

My mums been on them for 30 years and its sorted her anxiety related heart racing and loads of people get on really well with them. You could give them a go for a couple of weeks or so just to try??!!

It's lovely to see you post mate - although obviously I'm sorry about you're feeling abit 'racey'

Lots of love Piglet :flowers:

nomorepanic
08-07-07, 23:18
Alexis

I get a fast heart when I drink too much - bad I know!

It beats like mad and I know it cos I have had too much alcohol but it can't harm me.

It is pounding in my chest but I am kind of aware why it is doing that.

It may also help if you address the needing to shop away from home issues - there is no reason you can't go local other than your thoughts and believes.

I hope your good online mates are still keeping in touch cos I never see you online now. I am here if you need a chat ok?

Big hug

alexis
09-07-07, 00:54
Hi pinkdizzygirl,many thanks for your reply, I have had 2 ecgs and also a 24hour tape, it shows very fast but good rhythmic heart beatings.Hi Trac, maybe catch up one day, never go on msn now but one day I will to talk,,missed our convos,hiya Piglet, nice to hear from you,I am terrible when it comes to meds or drs, seem to have an allergy, lol, maybe it is somethign i need to address before my holiday? Thanks anyway, hope your sis ok, thanks Nic, not down to drink at mo, although maybe could of been in past,I cannot go local, think you as many others know why,if it means going local, it means staying in etc,cannot go into detail here, I dont talk online, I never come online,thanks Ray for pm.
Thanks to all for support.
xx

Piglet
09-07-07, 12:47
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

nomorepanic
09-07-07, 18:44
Alexis

It isn't too much caffeine is it?

Come online one night and we will have a good chin-wag and catch up on all the gossip.

You could consider the beta-blockers maybe just to get you over this for a while and it may calm down all on its own.

Southern_Belle
09-07-07, 21:31
Hi Alexis,

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Did you get bloodwork done for thyroid? I know when mine goes wacko my heart does the same thing, just a thought. Could you try shopping for groceries on-line and have them delivered so you don't have to drive so far? Hope things get better and I've missed talking to you.

Hugs,

Laura

nomorepanic
12-07-07, 22:46
Alexis - you ok?

alexis
16-07-07, 23:57
hi Piglet, thanks for hugs, Hi Nic, dont think its caffeine, never drink much nowadays other than water, and tea, I know tea has caffeine in too, but compared to this time last year, I drink 4 times as less.I am OK, just a bit upset over my car havign got two inches of water in it, and then today have developed a rattle, booking my hol used all my money and now Im worried im going to be immobile.
Hi Southern Belle, done shopping online for years which is great but I need to travel 40 miles or whatever, without, I wouldnt be going out,
Thanks to all,

Piglet
17-07-07, 12:49
Still thinking of you hun and sending you another hug. :hugs:

Sister doing fine and moved to Devon with her new partner as living where she was was getting intolerable with her old in laws and her ex. Having a horrible time custody wise and lots of court battles - very painful and very stressful but other than that she's doing well.

Love Piglet :flowers: