PDA

View Full Version : Three tonsil bumps/spots

mcohen
04-03-18, 15:11
Hello,

I have a doctors appointment scheduled for next week but I am driving myself insane in the meantime, being a longtime hypochondriac.

The issue is with my tonsils, and began several months ago. I noticed I yellow bump/spot on the side of my right tonsil, after a couple of months I saw the doctor who reassured me it was nothing to worry about. He checked my neck and there was nothing abnormal - this was December.

However, in early January I decided to have a look at my tonsil to see if it had gone - it had. However, I happened to notice a spot/bump that I had never seen before near the bottom of the tonsil, which would ordinarily be hidden by the tongue, closer inspection revealed a second one very near to it, they are almost on the tonsillar pillar. There is a third one in the same location on the other side. the lone one is quite flat and yellow/flesh coloured. The two are similar coloured but almost look more like cysts/ulcers. There is no pain whatsoever and there seems to have been little change over the past two months, but I am driving myself crazy with worry. I'd like to think that if something sinister was going on with my tonsils that my doctor would have noticed it when checking the original bump back in December, but being a hypochondriac I tend not to think logically about these things.

Any ideas as to what could be going on?

Bigboyuk
04-03-18, 15:17
Hi mcohen tbh this is your HA which is convincing you that something is terribly wrong HA'ers tend not to believe their drs when tests are carried out and a all clear is given. it's time to seek help for your HA please ask your dr for help on this as it's terrible beast to deal with. ATB

mcohen
04-03-18, 21:10
Thanks for your response, I hope you are correct.