PDA

View Full Version : Blood in Stool or Is it Period Blood

AnxiousRN
05-03-18, 05:49
I am on my first day of my period, it was very light. I had a BM this evening. Texture and color was normal. However, I noticed a small circle of blood in the toilet. When I looked closely, it looks like mucus with blood. Before my stool came out, I peed a little but it was clear. When my stool came out, I felt small amount of urine came out too. So I dont really know if this is cervical blood mucus that was pushed out or did it come out from my anus after bm? When I wiped my behind with TP, theres no blood. Ive been having lower left abdominal pain for almost a year now. But after seeing a GI doc, it is probably IBS.
Did anyone experience seeing a mucusy blood in theor stools during your period? Im getting anxious.

AnxiousRN
05-03-18, 13:12
Anyone?

nomorepanic
05-03-18, 13:28
I think you should just monitor things and see how it goes to be honest.

Ellecee
05-03-18, 16:34
What color was your blood? Black, tarry stool needs to be investigated by a medical professional. A little red blood is quite ordinary and not cause for alarm, particularly if you are currently menstruating.

AnxiousRN
05-03-18, 18:22
It was bright red, slimy. I get this bloody mucus when I pee during my period. However, I was just surprised yesterday coz my period was still light coz it just started and I peed before I had the BM and my urine looks clear. When my stool came out I peed again and then when I looked, there was my stool and a small drop of slimy blood. But the blood is not on or in the stool. It was separate, and in the water. So I am notbsure if it came out of my cervix when I had the BM. I am just so anxious because I was seen by several doctors last year because of my lower left abdominal pain. Ive seen my PCP, GI doc and a colorectal surgeon. At one time I had a very large and hard BM, and I bled a little when it came out. But due to anxiety, my mind wanders into something more serious like colorectal cancer. Ive had kidney, pelvic and abdominal ultrasound all came back clear. And then i had bloodwork last year all clear including ESR, BMP, CMP and CBC. Im worried about my lower left pain its has been a year. It is an on and off pain. I dont know the trigger. I can eat without any problem. I am not nauseous or anything. What could this be? I know my doc says probably IBS but I havent had a colonoscopy to ruleout anything.