PDA

View Full Version : Dizzy for over a week. Doctor isn't worried?

Towelie
05-03-18, 17:31
So I know anxiety can cause dizziness but it's never been this bad. I also have a numb patch on top of my left foot, I feel weak and I'm tired all the time. It's hell, I'm getting depressed. At the doctors now waiting to have my vitamin b12 tested but a couple weeks ago I had all the other bloodwork tested and it came back totally normal. Doctor says it's weird but he's not worried. Said to come back in 3 weeks if it's not gone but 3 weeks like this seems like an eternity :( just venting but feel free to chime in if you been through a similar situation.

I'm aware that I could be caught in the cycle of anxiety but I don't know what to do. Thank God I'm off work right now because that extra stress would probably drive me insane.

Jack4440
05-03-18, 17:49
I suggest you do what the dr suggested :-)

I’m mot sure what else we can advise you? So you don’t trust your dr? They go through years of medical school and have more experience than any of us on the forum.

BikerMatt
05-03-18, 18:11

I’m mot sure what else we can advise you? So you don’t trust your dr? They go through years of medical school and have more experience than any of us on the forum.

I just hate replies like this! It's just a bog standard load of bo##ocks reply for the forum at the mo! NOPE none of us are medical professionals but we have MH problems and when we have a worry about something things escalate, no? Maybe the poster would like a little support? Other people's experiences? What the dizziness for others turned out to be if it wasn't anxiety?

Jack4440
05-03-18, 19:51
I just hate replies like this! It's just a bog standard load of bo##ocks reply for the forum at the mo! NOPE none of us are medical professionals but we have MH problems and when we have a worry about something things escalate, no? Maybe the poster would like a little support? Other people's experiences? What the dizziness for others turned out to be if it wasn't anxiety?

You’re bollox! What the heck do you expect. You go and see a dr and then come on here and ask what it is? Are you serious?

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Yes, as you can tell, I’m having a bad day ... a bad year so far actually. Sorry.

Yeh I’ve had dizziness and have done most of my anxious life. Not spinning but more like an uneasy feeling like walking on a mattress or something. I never found out the cause of mine but it landed me in hospital with so many tests. They put it down to anxiety and had all kinds of blood work.
I did notice though that belly breathing did help. Slow breaths and think it might have been related to hyperventilating.

BikerMatt
05-03-18, 20:02
You’re bollox! What the heck do you expect. You go and see a dr and then come on here and ask what it is? Are you serious?

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Yes, as you can tell, I’m having a bad day ... a bad year so far actually. Sorry.

Yeh I’ve had dizziness and have done most of my anxious life. Not spinning but more like an uneasy feeling like walking on a mattress or something. I never found out the cause of mine but it landed me in hospital with so many tests. They put it down to anxiety and had all kinds of blood work.
I did notice though that belly breathing did help. Slow breaths and think it might have been related to hyperventilating.

Well we might aswell answer 99.99% of the posts on the forum with a reply like yours then? And by the way you've started a post yourself today asking for peoples opinions on reflux when you've asked a DR!!!!!!!!! I see you've added to your first reply, maybe that should have been how you worded it first time?

More than likely it's anxiety but it could be many other things!

Phuzella
05-03-18, 20:05
Steady on Matt

Jack4440
05-03-18, 20:07
Well we might aswell answer 99.99% of the posts on the forum with a reply like yours then? And by the way you've started a post yourself today asking for peoples opinions on reflux when you've asked a DR!!!!!!!!! I see you've added to your first reply, maybe that should have been how you worded it first time?

Yes, hypocritical! I’m triggered at the moment with life and taken it out on people. So my bad.

The anxiety thing and dizziness, have you considered labyrinthitis? I get bouts of this.

Phuzella
05-03-18, 20:11
OP I'd say it's anxiety. Mention to the doc next time you go

BikerMatt
05-03-18, 20:16
Steady on Matt

Why? I just don't think it was a nice reply to the thread starter?

---------- Post added at 20:14 ---------- Previous post was at 20:12 ----------

Yes, hypocritical! I’m triggered at the moment with life and taken it out on people. So my bad.

The anxiety thing and dizziness, have you considered labyrinthitis? I get bouts of this.

Ok mate lets leave it at that. I'm also having a bad time.

---------- Post added at 20:16 ---------- Previous post was at 20:14 ----------

Ok mate lets leave it at that. I'm also having a bad time.

au Lait
05-03-18, 20:53
If your docs not worried that’s great news. That means it’s nothing you should worry about either. But I understand it’s frustrating nonetheless. Anxiety can do all kinds of weird things to the body, including prolonged periods of dizziness. I just searched the web for “dizziness and anxiety” and found many different results explaining how the two go hand in hand. It seems to be a very common anxiety side effect. I watch the anxiety guy on YouTube and I seem to remember he has talked about being dizzy and lightheaded all the time before he started to treat his anxiety.

BazB44
12-03-18, 14:31
"trust your doctor" oh that's a good one. Ive been diagnosed many times with things I didn't have. Doc once told me I had a pelvic hernia, ultrasound said I didn't. Doc once told me I had BBPV, then my psych (at the time) said nope its just anxiety. I was told strep throat when it wasn't. I was told colitis when it was just food poisoning.

Sorry, but docs aren't always right. I know the UK is very politically correct these days, but someone has to speak up and tell the truth lol.

As for me, ive had lightheadedness/dizziness much of my life from anxiety. Its been acting up a lot lately too, but it comes and goes. I can be walking just fine one minute, and the next ill be on a trampoline. Deep inside I firmly believe its anxiety.

WiredIncorrectly
12-03-18, 15:27

I'm with BikerMatt. These sort of responses are unhelpful. Glad you both worked it out I thought it was going to escalate into getting the heavies round.

Ben1989
12-03-18, 15:54
I had dizziness for weeks with my original HA onset. It eventually went with nothing. Whenever I get dizzy I accept its my anxiety and it goes within two days.

elvenia
14-03-18, 00:29
I had dizziness for 3 years. I am 21. In the end, it went away. It could have been down to anemia, but who knows. I am still anemic but not dizzy. It can be any number of tame things, I used to panic and cry and think the worst but it turned out to be nothing :)