PDA

View Full Version : Cycle day 8, spotting and cramps

GlazedOwl
05-03-18, 22:11
I was doing so well with my anxiety for a week, so this is literally a kick below the belt!!

A bit embarrassing but I just went to use the restroom, wiped and there was very slightly orange discharge with fresh blood in it :( It wasn't a lot, but definitely enough to be noticed. And I've just had cramps in my right pelvic area. I'm really, really scared. Even on what I consider 'normal' cycles all my cramps are on that side. I've just took 3 kalms tablets but I don't think they'll do much, I'm very very scared now that I have something like ovarian cancer :(

My period started on the 26th, ended on the 1st, so today is cycle day 8, ovulation is still 4 days away so sadly I don't think this is ov related :(

Really scared and don't know whether to go begging for a doctor's appointment tomorrow morning.

---------- Post added at 22:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:48 ----------

Anyone? :( I just remembered that before my period started I had sharp right side pain as well that briefly radiated into my upper thigh, almost sciatica sort of pain. Now I'm really scared of the big c again :(

Tui76
13-03-18, 23:46
I am going through the same thing right now. I had a normal period that was tapering off, and then on day 8 there was fresh blood again which lasted for 4 days. I am going to see a gyno next week and ask for D&C. How old are you? I am over 40 and while my symptoms could be signs of perimenopause, I just want to confirm there is nothing more sinister going on.

Blonde123
14-03-18, 08:53
Im similar Tui76, Im 42 and hoping my symptoms are peri menopausal but too scarred to see my GP