PDA

View Full Version : Hello

scot0721
06-03-18, 14:05
I have been dealing with health anxiety most of my life. I have read this forum a lot to calm down fears and it works. These last 3 weeks I have been having chest pain/GERD issues, and some times I just cant overcome it on my own and I wanted to join a community to help calm my fears and also when I am in a good place, a community where I can help others as well.

venusbluejeans
06-03-18, 14:11
Hiya scot0721 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
07-03-18, 13:55
Good morning scot0721

Happy that you were able to get some relief from NMP. When I discovered it 7 years ago it has helped me greatly. I understand the stress and confusion you feel when it comes to health anxiety. My best advice would be to have it checked out.

Just last week an old timer like myself got checked out due to feeling chest and abdominal pain, you know just in case. I discovered I had a mild abdominal infection and nothing more. My point is panic can come at you from all different directions. The more you stay informed about yourself the less power you give the anxiety and panic.

I hope this helps. Best to you on your journey scort0721.