PDA

View Full Version : Hi all

The_Big_Man
06-03-18, 18:52
I have been a member for some time but this id my first post. I have suffered from anxiety for a number of years and have had many different symptoms. I have been pretty good for the last year or so thanks to my meds, 15mg Mirtazapine daily. However, the last couple of weeks I feel as though it’s been getting a grip of me again. I started a new job in October and i really enjoy it but have been dreading going every day for the last week due to my anxiety symptoms. I am considering asking GP to increase my dosage. Is this a good idea?

venusbluejeans
06-03-18, 18:58
Hiya The_Big_Man and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
09-03-18, 14:15
Good morning The_Big_Man,

That is an interesting question. My best advice would be to discuss it with your GP. A number of years ago when I started Prozac, I started out at 20mg. But after a few months my Psychiatrist up'd my dosage to 40mg, which is where I am today.

Other things to consider are more cognitive treatments like mediation and working on the core problems of panic and anxiety with a therapist. Best to you on your journey The_Big_Man. I hope this helps.

Bigboyuk
31-03-18, 16:59
Hey The_Big_Man and welcome aboard :) Iam with fduop on this one Your dr will know whats best keep us posted. ATB