PDA

View Full Version : Depression

Jack4440
06-03-18, 19:51
Looking for pointers about how people deal with their depressive phases?

I have suffered with GERD for years now and on medication daily for it. This is the main reason I get down. Thinking I’ll be on it forever, dealing with flare ups and the bad day’s. Anxiety in general I feel has ruined years of my life with needless worry and hypochondria.

I sometimes get days where I’m so depressed and fed up with it all that the thought of ending it had passed my mind. Those intrusive thoughts are difficult to deal with. I think “we’ll if I’m going to die of this imaginary disease I’ve convinced myself I’ve got them I’ll just go impulsive buy and enjoy my money now”. This is destructive and of course when I feel better, I’m left with the debt and bad choices I’ve made. It’s a horrible cycle. I get grouchy and snap at loved ones when I’m having a bad phase too.

I generally try to keep myself busy with work but find that the anxiety and thoughts overpower. I have tried CBT but find only temporary relief. I haven’t tried antidepressants and would rather not unless a last resort.

Any suggestions or shared experiences?

Thanks.