PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety & panic

violet33
07-03-18, 00:30
I have various different health issues & symptoms ranging from headache to intestinal stuff & various other things which create big time anxiety for me. I would like to know if ANYONE experiences anxiety with bright light. I need to be home with my room darkening curtains closed in a quiet room to feel less anxious. Dim lighting does not depress me as I don’t get depressed, just horribly anxious. Dim lighting & quiet soothe anxiety for me & im wondering if anyone else experiences similar. I can’t be the only one who does this. Please respond & let me know. I’d appreciate it.

violet33
09-03-18, 17:39
Someone PLEASE reply

Anxiousamyj
09-03-18, 19:02
Violet,
Anxiety wreaks all kinds of havoc, especially with the digestive system and neurological system. It can do just about anything, symptom wise, and if you are hyperfocusing, it can seem like you have a horrible disease that will kill you. I have been through it and a month ago, was in a really bad place with my health anxiety. I thought I had many different dieases, and visited many doctors looking for answers. My digestive system was a mess and my nerves were shot. I am not saying I am cured in any way, but I am 95% better now, thanks to an awesome psychiatrist, therapist, and gaining some insight into my anxiety. I did not start any medication, but did get prescribed some, but chose to try and beat it without it for now. Medication does work for lots of folks, though. I feel like I have a good grip on it and can see how to prevent relapses. All the symptoms you describe are strongly linked to anxiety. If you've gotten an all clear from a doctor, it's time to move on and fight the anxiety.