PDA

View Full Version : Worried about onset of severe headaches

christy67
07-03-18, 15:31
Two weeks ago I went to urgent care because I thought I had the flu. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and given amoxicillin. Started feeling a bit better after a week but noticed every time I took the amoxicillin I got really bad headaches. I thought they would resolve after I stopped taking them. but now for the last 5 days I have had debilitating headaches although sinuses have cleared. I have a constant hang over feeling , severe throbbing when I move and pain in the back of my head that radiates down neck. Oh a soreness in back of neck. I’m currently petrified it’s something really serious and chronic. I do have a doctors appointment today but am freaking out with anxiety. Anyone have this and it ended up being nothing serious?

Andyroo
09-03-18, 00:41
hi christy i hope your feeling better. i have had a sinus infection a couple times and it is absolutely horrible! i had the same symptoms but it also caused me to have vertigo so i was dizzy and unbalanced its something i never wanna have to go through again. im sorry i got to your post late but i only just started being active on this site last week. please let me know how your feeling when you get online.

christy67
15-03-18, 13:43
Thanks for responding Andyroo. I’m sorry you got vertigo. I heard that’s a nightmare. My headaches continue and it’s been three weeks after sinus infection. I went to the doctor on Monday because my liver levels are high along with everything else. The doctor kind of brushed off my headaches so I think I’m heading back.

How long did your vertigo last? Here is what is going on now. When I get up from sitting to standing I feel dizzy and throbbing and pain that radiates through my head for about 3 minutes. It is short but intense. It happens like 3 times a day and sometimes throbs at night. I also have a very loud buzzing in ear. Did you have any of those symptoms and how long did it take for them to go away? I’m afraid I’ve done permanent damage by taking this Amoxicillin :(