PDA

View Full Version : help please!!!!!!!!

ceecee
09-07-07, 18:59
hi everyone
i haven,t been on here for a while i had a brain scan back in may that came back all clear(which i really do thank my lucky stars for!!!!)and have been really trying to put all my health anxietys behind me(which is sooooo much easier said than done!!!)
the problem is i have had a really sick feeling and toilet troubles!!!!(sorry guys!!:blush: )my doctor said it was i.b.s which i accepted after thinking maybe i had stomach or ovarian cancer.
then yesterday when i went to bed i noticed a MASSIVE bruise on my leg which i don,t know how it got there and have been up all night worried sick!
so went doctors AGAIN today and told him that i think i have lukiemia,(sp?)he looked at me strangley and asked why i thought i had it so i showed him my bruise and he said that i had probobly just knocked it without realising!but i have now put the nausea and bruising together and come up with a serious illness.
i,m sooo sorry to have to come on here and whinge as i should be feeling relieved that my brain scan was ok but really worried about the bruising so i was wondering wether anyone else on here has ever bruised easily.my doctor has told me to have a blood test to help reassure me as i broke down crying to him saying that i really can,t bear to put my lovely family through all this again and plus my husband has really got fed up with me
would love to here if anyone else has the same fears as me as i,m going mad thinking i,m going stark raving bonkers!!!!!!
take care all
rach x x x:)

Piglet
09-07-07, 19:01
I bruise like a peach mate and have done for years - I've always got some bruise or other on the go.

Go and have your blood test to put your mind at rest and then forget about it.

Love Piglet :flowers:

ceecee
09-07-07, 19:08
thanks piglet
you,re a really great bunch here
thanks agin
rach x x

neptuno
09-07-07, 19:19
Hello Rach !
I'm glad your scan went well. Bruising can happen at any time and for any number of reasons - nearly all of them totally innocent. You have normal health concerns that are getting more attention than they deserve because you feel so anxious. Piglet is right - go and have a blood test. I'm guessing, like most of us, you've had loads of tests and scans - if you had anything life-threatening it would have showed up long ago. You're not going bonkers. It's fear that keeps these anxieties going. So you don't have to worry or stress about any health issues - direct your energy to challenging the fears that make you think like this - easier said than done I know. I'm finding using EFT works for me. Try looking at www.e-f-t.co.uk (http://www.e-f-t.co.uk) for more info and give it a try.
Be kind to yourself

trac67
09-07-07, 19:24
Hiya,

I am the same as piglet I bruise so easily and am always finding new ones I didn't even remember doing.

When I first noticed I went through the 'oh I have lukemia' thoughts, but then realised it was just my mind working overtime as usual.

Try not to get things out of perspective and take care

Love

Trac xx

nomorepanic
09-07-07, 19:46
I am covered in bruises and no idea how I get them.

If you want I can mail you some pics of some bruises that I got decorating just so you know you are not alone.

Try not to worry ok - some people just bruise easily - my mum is the same!

ceecee
09-07-07, 20:49
thankyou all so much guys your replies mean alot to me!:)
i really will try not to worry!
thanks nic for the offer of the pics i will just take your word for it!!!!!lol!but cheers anyway hun!
take care
rach x x x

Lissy43
09-07-07, 21:00
Oh you poor thing, I get that fear now & again when I get a cracking bruise on my thigh. Honestly I bruise easily but now & again I get some huge bruises on my thighs and I also panic and you can bet at the same time my glands are up, my gums start bleeding etc.... I then go to the dr worrying.

The thing is if you had leaukemia you really would have alot of very noticeable symptoms and as far as im aware bruising is one of the last symptoms, you would be very poorly by that point and the bruising would not be so generalised. The brusing would be in many areas on the body.

You are probably feeling sick now due to panic. If your dr thought you had anything serious he would of arranged a blood test.

Try not to worry, you went to the dr today and he was happy that you were ok so please do not make yourself ill, sleep well tonight and get some rest. I enjoy going to sleep at night, its the only time I can escape my worries, I used to sit up all night worrying but I now do not let myself get that anxious.

ceecee
10-07-07, 14:01
thanks cherry i didnt really sleep at all last night and i can feel the old anxious feeling creeping back in,but i,m determined not to let it drag me down!!!!!!:)
take care
rach x x x

Catwoman
21-07-07, 18:26
Hi Rach, we are all here to help. What about me? I keep having headaches and I thought I had a brain tumour, then I think I have trouble with my stomach! Nightmare.

My Aunt gets bruises come up, big ones for no reason, she worries about them too, keeps saying she thinks its leukemia, but the doctor did a test and said no she is just a worry wart.

Dont worry about coming on here and talking, sometimes this is the only place where people understand our fears.

Sue (aka Catwoman) :yesyes:

manmoor
21-07-07, 23:07
Hi Rach,

Well done on not letting it drag you down you deserve a hug for staying positive when the old health anxiety demons try to sneak into our thoughts well done you. xxx :hugs:

june
11-09-07, 10:47
Hi ceecee and everyone,
I came on here this morning because I am terribly anxious and beginning to panic.
Last night I bumped my foot - the pain!!!!! - I wrapped it in ice for a while, but it still hurt.
This morning I can see a bruise all round the base of my little toe.
Stupidly?????? my biggest fear is that a blood clot will break off from this bruise and will kill me.
needless to say I can only speak of this fear on here - but it makes me so frightened.
I did read in the paper that this had happened I know I should not believe all I read BUT this is the stuff that sticks in my mind and comes back to haunt me. What if???
june

SammiB
11-09-07, 10:56
Hi ceecee and all.

I also bruise like a peach and i also have a bad case of health anxiety. i always read something and there it stays in the memory oh and one day i have a symptom and its like your memory is a book, flipping through the pages and the first one it finds you panic.

i think i have annoyed pretty much everyone on the planet with my worries, but i know here is a place where we can say the most stupidest worries and not be laughed at and get some good advice and replies, so thanks all you health worries your the best reassurance,

take care

xxx

june
11-09-07, 11:30
SammiB,
i always read something and there it stays in the memory oh and one day i have a symptom and its like your memory is a book, flipping through the pages and the first one it finds you panic.

for such a young person you really do talk a lot of good sense.
Lots of good wishes to you
june

shoegal
11-09-07, 12:02
I just wanted to let you know that I also bruise really easily - even when I haven't noticed bumping into anything or getting a knock!!! I often wake up with mysterious bruises on my legs and I can assure you it's not because I've had a lot of bedroom activity!!! :ohmy:

Hope that helps to reassure you a little!

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx