PDA

View Full Version : Hair analysis

joy
09-07-07, 19:32
Has anyone had an hair analysis done? I have recently had one as recommended by the acupunture. They have just told me over the phone that it shows very high aluminium levels whatever that means but to much of it causes anxiety!!! Also calcium amd magnesium was very low, and they cause insomnia and anxiety!!!

Seeing the therapist on thurs to discuss it further

Memo to self::: Must stop eating tin foil !!!

how else do you get too much aluminium i wonder?????

wonder if its all a con but its interesting

Love Joy

Wilburis
09-07-07, 22:25
Hi

How interesting!!

I would like to get this done - where do you go or telephone and how much does it cost?

Thanks - Liz xx

nomorepanic
09-07-07, 23:20
Can I ask if they knew about your issues before they diagnosed it?

eeyorelover
10-07-07, 04:56
I had heard of something similar.
My Mom went into some health shop where they take a hair sample and then send it off. Once it comes back they make up what is supposed to be the right amounts of vitamins and minerals that you need in capsules and it's supposed to be better to have it individualized.
She says that she has never felt better and suggested that I do it but it costs around 200 dollars and I just can't part with that kind of money at the moment.
xxxx
Sandy

joy
10-07-07, 07:03
I went to a clinical nutrictionist on the advice of the acupu lady. Yes she did know my problems but i had to send the hair sample off myself. Dont think I'm very gullible and believe this but i think its interesting at least and i've certainly heard that magnesium is good for anxiety.
Its not the whole picture but maybe not helping. Before the result the lady recommended some multi purpose vits which werent expensive so its not entirely a rip off. Anyway I see her on Thurs so I will express my scepticsm but its worth a try. I've wasted my money on other things why not this????!!!!!!LOL

There are several sites on line which do hair analysis or find a clinical nutricianalist (I cant spell it) who can analyse the results. The actual test cost £45

will report further

love joy

yorkylover
10-07-07, 15:17
I had this done by my nutritionist,cant remember my results.But they usually recomend the vitamins and minerals you are low in.And when you have the test done you musnt have any traces of hair colour in the hair.
Im sure it will be sorted when you go back and explained to you in more fuller detail.