PDA

View Full Version : Hey!

taurel
07-03-18, 22:19
Hey guys and girls,

I've been a long-time sufferer of anxiety, have been on Lexapro and Benzodiazepines many years ago and have since quit the pills. Over the years I've gained mental control over my anxiety, such that it doesn't influence my decisions anymore. I've also started a moderately successful business and have enjoyed doing that.

However, all this time I still felt and continue to feel, to this day, anxiety quite strongly. Just that I ignore the feelings and just do what has to be done. I still get the biological symptoms of anxiety - raised blood pressure, hyperhidrosis, raynaud's syndrone (very cold, freezing hands), etc.

So right now I'm looking for ways to also deal with anxiety on a biological level, and hopefully reduce or eliminate those symptoms, since they really are harmful to my health long-term.

I hope I can learn how I can deal with these things from some of you guys, and hopefully I'll be able to share my own knowledge about not letting anxiety control you on a mental level, in terms of your decision-making, with you.

venusbluejeans
07-03-18, 22:24
Hiya taurel and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

taurel
07-03-18, 22:32

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:
Thanks for the warm welcome! :D

---------- Post added at 22:32 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Regarding the articles, do you have any suggestions for me? I'm looking for something that would help with dealing with low-grade biological level symptoms of anxiety (such as really cold hands from Raynaud's, or hyperhidrosis, high blood pressure and other such things)? I'm personally at the stage where for quite a long time I've gained mental control over my anxiety and it pretty much no longer affects my decision making anymore. Quite strangely, I don't care about feeling anxious anymore - I simply ignore the feelings despite having them. I'd really appreciate your suggestions!

Andyroo
07-03-18, 23:42
i just wanna say good job. i think you should be very proud of yourself i know from experience that doing this can be very difficult. i to have been taking control of my mental health and i have found recently (though im doing much better) that I'm still struggling everyday with something new. its good to have support and people that understand here on nmp.