PDA

View Full Version : Bronchitis?!?!

nosrednanagem
07-03-18, 23:08
I went to the doctors today and she said I have classic symptoms of bronchitis. Never actually said I had it though. Anyway, I have the rattle in the chest/throat only on exhale. I’m freaking out! Thinking it may progress into phenomia or something?! Anyone here had bronchitis? Talk me down please!

StephA
08-03-18, 01:52
Actually your just told you in another way that you have bronchitis. It’s annoying as heck, but it’s viral, so it will just have to run its course. It’s basically a chest cold.

nosrednanagem
08-03-18, 04:17
Thanks! It does suck pretty bad. Is the wheezing and rattling normal with bronchitis?! It’s scaring the bejesus out of me!

StephA
08-03-18, 13:45
Actually your just told you in another way that you have bronchitis. It’s annoying as heck, but it’s viral, so it will just have to run its course. It’s basically a chest cold.

Yes it’s perfectly normal. You can try turning the shower on all the way hot and sit in the bathroom for about 15 minutes with the shower running. The steam thins the mucus and helps with breathing. Or you can boil water on the stove and put your face over it. I find the steamy bathroom works a bit better for me though.