PDA

View Full Version : tetanus?? please help :(

dus1996
07-03-18, 23:14
guys help!! i've always been scared of tetanus and now it's that time again..
a few hours ago i stepped on something that is connected with the computer i dont know how its called it's silver and it broke the skin of my foot a little it didnt bleed i think it's superficial but i'm so scared because i read all over the internet that tetanus can result from any kind of wound even the smallest scratch so :(
even if it's not deep there is a chance!!! it's definitely over 10 years since i had my tetanus shot so that's another reason i'm so scared
everyone i have talked to about this tells me i'm being silly and if i go to the ER they will laugh at me..

Fishmanpa
07-03-18, 23:34
everyone i have talked to about this tells me i'm being silly and if i go to the ER they will laugh at me..

They're right and yes, to go to the ER is way over the top. Is it any different from any other scratch, bump or bruise? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

dus1996
07-03-18, 23:47
They're right and yes, to go to the ER is way over the top. Is it any different from any other scratch, bump or bruise? :shrug:

Positive thoughts

the thing that concerns me the most is that thing i stepped on might be dirty with the tetanus spores and it it got inside me.. no matter how deep the wound is! :(

nomorepanic
07-03-18, 23:52
Just go to your doctor and get a shot if you are that worried but I personally wouldn't worry about it to be honest.

Fishmanpa
07-03-18, 23:54
the thing that concerns me the most is that thing i stepped on might be dirty with the tetanus spores and it it got inside me.. no matter how deep the wound is! :(

Tetanus spores that migrated from outside and ended up on a computer plug? Ok then... :okay: Respectfully, this is just irrational.

Positive thoughts

dus1996
08-03-18, 00:23
Tetanus spores that migrated from outside and ended up on a computer plug? Ok then... :okay: Respectfully, this is just irrational.

Positive thoughts

haha yeah you're right about that but that plug was not connected to the computer at that time it was on the floor so i thought it might be contaminated because we bring dirt from outside with our shoes and all that... (my brain thinks too complicated :p )

au Lait
08-03-18, 05:52
Tetanus is spread in feces. Particularly large farm animal feces. It seems unlikely that your computer part was rolling around in cow poop before it poked you.

What you read about even a small scratch causing tetanus is extremely rare. It is most often spread via deep puncture wounds - as in deep enough to hit muscle.

You don’t have tetanus. Your anxiety was triggered, that’s all. You are not in danger.

dus1996
11-03-18, 22:18
thank you for your answers!! look what i found on a site
However, you can also get tetanus from any exposure to soil, including minor cuts, scrapes, and burns, and sometimes with no injury at all.
SERIOUSLY?? no injury?? how can we not have anxiety when we read things like this??

Fishmanpa
11-03-18, 22:23
thank you for your answers!! look what i found on a site
However, you can also get tetanus from any exposure to soil, including minor cuts, scrapes, and burns, and sometimes with no injury at all.
SERIOUSLY?? no injury?? how can we not have anxiety when we read things like this??

You stop looking for BS information from Dr. Google! :doh:

Positive thoughts