PDA

View Full Version : Moving Home

GaryP
09-03-18, 00:01
Hello,

I am moving home this weekend and I'm feeling several feelings. I am scared of change, scared of my routine being different, scared of new people, a new street, and a whole new surrounding. I have lived in a flat for 6 years and me and my wife have done most important things here. It makes me sad to be moving, and overall I'm scared in case my new home brings back my anxiety.

I have suffered for years, and the new home is making me really worried it returns, mainly because of the complete change of surroundings and routine.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can deal with this better? This is a mortgage and not renting, so there is added responsibility. Has anyone ever moved and felt dread more so than excitement? If so how did you cope?

I'm trying to treat my first week there as a holiday and getting used to the house like I would an apartment abroad, and then I will get used to it. On holiday by the time we leave to go home, I don't want to go because I'm used to the room, surroundings and area.

.Poppy.
09-03-18, 14:55
Moving is hard. I'm usually excited for it, but once I actually get my stuff moved in the anxiety kicks in. It's a totally new adjustment, not only for me, but for my pets as well.

Honestly, I kind of just accept that the first couple of weeks are going to suck and try to work around that. I'm a lot easier on myself, treat myself to nice dinners a bit more, try to relax and not do too much to settle in until I feel more comfortable in the area.