PDA

View Full Version : New

Pollie248
09-03-18, 07:18
Hi I have just joined. I have suffered with anxiety, panic disorders and IBS for many years. I cope most of the time but when IBS flares up I immediately go into high anxiety mode not helped now by my age which makes me feel like something nasty is just round the corner! IBS is bad at present. I have lurked on this forum for a while and found it very helpful so decided to take the plunge and join. Thanks for having me

venusbluejeans
09-03-18, 07:26
Hiya Pollie248 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

WiseMonkey
09-03-18, 07:38
Hi I have just joined. I have suffered with anxiety, panic disorders and IBS for many years. I cope most of the time but when IBS flares up I immediately go into high anxiety mode not helped now by my age which makes me feel like something nasty is just round the corner! IBS is bad at present. I have lurked on this forum for a while and found it very helpful so decided to take the plunge and join. Thanks for having me

Hi Pollie,

IBS is an autoimmune condition and it can actually cause anxiety and stress. I used to get IBS a lot when I was younger, then I started on 10 mgs of Doxepin (which is a tricyclic antidepressant). This seems to control things. I've heard others using Amitriptyline which also works well. Well worth a try.

Don't worry, IBS does not lead to anything serious, but if you get unexplained bleeding get it checked out.

My daughter (32) also had bouts of IBS, so I think it tends to run in families (pardon the pun) :blush: