PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Blondie0583
09-03-18, 14:07
Let's try this again - this is probably the third time I've written all this out. I'll get used to the forum soon hopefully.

I have severe OCD and health anxiety. I woke up the other day with three small blisters in a line on my arm. I work in healthcare and had some people look at it. They said it looks like a burn, but I didn't burn myself. One said herpes which started my spiral. Before I realized it was there I had helped my daughter get dressed and I wasn't careful about not touching the area. I'm terrified I could have spread something to her. Another person said bug bites. I instantly thought of bed bugs and I've searched my whole room and my daughter's room and I haven't found any evidence. Yesterday I found a red spot on my leg that looks like a bite. No pain, no itch. (The blisters have no pain or itch too). I'm in such a state of anxiety that I can barely function. I'm terrified there are bugs living in my house. Please help me relax.

jrcoleman
09-03-18, 17:30
Don't over think it. It could be a result of something you ate. It could be your body purging crap. It could be water blisters. It could be any number of simple things. If there is no itch or no pain, wait a week and see what happens. My guess is they go away. You can always put some antihistamine cream on them and see if that helps (just don't go crazy with it). I doubt it is herpes all lined up on your arm. It sounds like the result of a pressure point causing water blisters (probably a sheet folded and you laid on it all night). My motto is, if it doesn't knock me down wait a week and see if it goes away.

Scass
09-03-18, 20:38
It may just be an allergy thing like contact dermatitis? If there’s no itch or pain then I’m sure they’ll disappear by themselves soon. If it was herpes or even shingles they would itch and burn. You’ll be just fine x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk