PDA

View Full Version : Stomach issues PLEASE RESPOND

violet33
04-03-18, 21:23
Ok PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS POST TO IBS FORUM AS IM NOT SURE THATS WHAT IM DEALING WITH. I do have ibs but not sure if my symptoms are related. I’ve been getting a MILD acidic feeling in abdominal area near navel. It’s not a burning, it’s like a gastric acidity. I think I feel it more in morning. I’ve heard that stomach cancer can cause burning though so I’m becoming extremely anxious. It’s not pain, it’s a gastric type feeling. There’s no unexplained weight loss, although I’ve lost weight voluntarily due to dieting because I needed to lose weight. The weight loss was INTENTIONAL & I can regain weight when I try to or want to. There’s no stomach cancer symptoms that I’ve read are typical. This just frightens me. Does anyone get anything like this? Please let me know ASAP as this anxiety is horrible. Thank You

Elliejane44
04-03-18, 21:31
Sounds just like acid indigestion. Def not stomach cancer . Remember that is rare too. Most common in older men really .

Just health anxiety taking a grip on you

violet33
04-03-18, 22:27
Thank you so much for your reply, I feel somewhat relieved now. I get such horrid anxiety & panic!

garconperdu
05-03-18, 13:55
Ok PLEASE DO NOT MOVE THIS POST TO IBS FORUM AS IM NOT SURE THATS WHAT IM DEALING WITH. I do have ibs but not sure if my symptoms are related. I’ve been getting a MILD acidic feeling in abdominal area near navel. It’s not a burning, it’s like a gastric acidity. I think I feel it more in morning. I’ve heard that stomach cancer can cause burning though so I’m becoming extremely anxious. It’s not pain, it’s a gastric type feeling. There’s no unexplained weight loss, although I’ve lost weight voluntarily due to dieting because I needed to lose weight. The weight loss was INTENTIONAL & I can regain weight when I try to or want to. There’s no stomach cancer symptoms that I’ve read are typical. This just frightens me. Does anyone get anything like this? Please let me know ASAP as this anxiety is horrible. Thank You

Hi I think it's just a hyperacidity or maybe acid reflux and maybe you could also take antacid and don't forget to eat your meal at the right time that's all and DON'T PANIC JUST EAT AHAHAHAHAH

violet33
06-03-18, 21:30
Thank you for your response!

WiseMonkey
07-03-18, 05:02

Yes, I've had something similar with gastritis (which is now healed), still happens occasionally although I have low stomach acid. Again, NOT stomach cancer :)

WiredIncorrectly
07-03-18, 13:59
I just lost my stepdad to a stomach cancer and I can tell from reading your symptoms that you do not have it.

violet33
09-03-18, 17:44
Does gas in stomach cause acidity & also does acidity cause gas? Please respond as I’m dealing with some issues that really need answers. Thank You

Elen
09-03-18, 18:05
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

violet33
09-03-18, 19:55
Ok but I’m not sure how to do this

nomorepanic
09-03-18, 19:59
Not sure how to add to a previous post? You just did it on here :yesyes:

If you want to find previous posts just click on search and find your posts.

venusbluejeans
09-03-18, 20:10
Ok but I’m not sure how to do this

If you don't know how to check and find your posts how do you ever read the replies you get??? :winks:

Just do the same as you do for when you read your replies :)

WiseMonkey
09-03-18, 20:41
Hi again, I'm not a gas expert but I do have plenty of it (from both ends)!! :blush:

You can get gas from too much stomach acid or not enough acid. Gas can come from poor digestion ie not having enough acid or enzymes to digest you food properly.
At present I have delayed gastric emptying (am on a med for it) and that causes lots of belching!

Then there's gas from swallowed air and you tend to swallow more air when you're anxious.

ps There is a stomach bacteria called H-Pylori (Helicobacter Pylori) which can cause lots of stomach issues plus gas. It can be a forerunner to stomach ulcers. There is a blood test for this and treatment if the test comes back positive.