PDA

View Full Version : Was this a panic attack?

skyler
10-07-07, 04:21
I looked up the symptoms everywhere, and that sounds like what happened, but I'm not sure, so here's my story.

I was in a restaraunt with my parents and my older brother. It was near the end of the meal and my brother went to the bathroom. I was sitting there, thinking when out of nowhere, i felt this pressure on my chest and I couldn't breath, my feet went numb, and it was like I was suffocating and not exactly there, and I was trying to tell myself to breath, but then I just couldnt think. I didn't really feel like I was dying, but it felt like I needed to put my head between my legs and try to breath, and if I tried to talk I would burst into tears.

Is this kind of what happened to you?

Jaco45er
10-07-07, 08:05
Hi Skyler

Welcome to the NMP forum.

It sounds like you had a panic attack, although you don't necessary think you are going to die with a PA. I used to think I was dying, but when I get a PA now (which is rare) I can just about convince myself it's a PA.

If this is the 1st time you have had this feeling, then I wouldn't get too alarmed, I have heard of people getting panic once and never again. Infact, I had my 1st PA in restuarant at 19, then nothing after that until 30.

If you are concerned though, or it happens again, I would suggest you pop along to your local doctor and have a wee chat about your symptoms.

TC

Jaco

witherz
10-07-07, 09:54
definately sounds as tho you have had a panic attack, do some thinking about your lifestyle and see if you have had any stresses over last year or so. learning early about panic attacks is a good thing as you know what you are facing and you are not making things up and worrying about them. practice relaxation and do deep breathing exercises. always replace negative thoughts with positive ones. t.c. xxxxxx

manmoor
10-07-07, 12:13
Hi Skyler,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Piglet
10-07-07, 12:15
Welcome to you - have a good nose around the site as I'm sure you will find much to reassure you.

Piglet :flowers:

trac67
10-07-07, 13:21
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Southern_Belle
10-07-07, 16:36
Hi Skyler,

Welcome to the site. I personally have only had 2 panic attacks and they were major ones where I had to go to the hospital. I have huge anxiety. There are many here who will be able to relate to your story though and you will get the support you need.

Laura

nomorepanic
10-07-07, 19:34
Hi Skyler

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

It wasn't necessarily a panic attack. Could have just been a head rush or a sudden lowering of you blood pressure that made you feel that way.

honeybee3939
10-07-07, 19:42
Hi Skyler

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends also.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Lindalou64
10-07-07, 22:48
HI SKLYER AND WELCOME MAYBE IT WAS A ANXIETY ATTACK AND MAYBE IT WAS JUST THAT ONCE LIKE JACO SAID....JUST KEEP AN EYE ON THEM HOW FREQUENTLY THEY HAPPEN IF THEY EVEN DO AGAIN.I WISH YA THE BEST.....LINDA

skyler
11-07-07, 02:13
Wow. Thanks everyone!
I really appreciate it. If is happens again should I be worried?
xoxo
skyler

Lindalou64
11-07-07, 13:20
no dont worry, maybe you can talk with some about them,councelor ect if they tend to happen more frequently.....i wish ya the best...linda

groovygranny
11-07-07, 23:17
Hello Skyler :welcome:to you!

Most of us here have experienced pretty similar stuff, whether it was a pa or not.

Don't worry, you'll get lots of help and support here!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Pink Princess
12-07-07, 12:59
hi and welcome to the site, you will find a lot of good advice and support here and make many friends along the way. hope to talk soon, take kare xxxxxx