PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph nodes - terrified

hadenough
10-03-18, 10:19
Wasnt sure whether to post this in here of the symptoms section. Decided on here because of my long history with health anxiety. I havent posted here in ages and thought I was doing really well but am now in one of my worst states ever.

Back in January I got what I thought was one of the flu strains that were going round, it lasted 6 weeks and I can honestly say it was one of the worst illnesses Ive had and Im 65. It finally went although it left me feeling utterly exhausted.

For the last week or so Ive felt that my throat is swollen and now Ive noticed that I have some tender swollen glands under my jaw. My armpits feel tender as well but I cant feel anything there.

This has sent me into a blind panic where Im really not coping. I keep having panic attacks which are making me sweat, hyperventilate and all the other symptoms that come along with them.

I tried telling myself that the glands are linked to my throat and the fact that I havent long got over a nasty virus but I did the worst thing and googled. Apparently where the swollen glands are in your body relates to where the injury/infection is so a bad throat may cause swollen glands in the neck etc but if you have them under the armpits this is usually caused by a problem in the arm or hand. I know I cant feel any lumps under my armpits yet but it definitely feels tender at times.

Im so scared and am driving myself mad with worry. I thought I had done so well this last year or so but now Im back in the pits again. Im wondering now if when I thought I had a flu virus it was actually something else all along.

milly54
10-03-18, 15:18
I think that as you have been so unwell, it is likely to be the flu causing the swollen lymph glands. Why not pop down to see your GP? Ask for some blood tests to reassure you as it does seem you do have some physical problems along with your anxiety.
Wishing you a peaceful week