PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed On Uk Energy Solutions.

Bigboyuk
10-03-18, 14:08
Hi Folks Been on my desk top was a big ad on Solar Panels so filled the form in. Has FIT (Feed In Tarrifs) been increased and will I benefit from this? If its a new deal by the government I may think about it :) ATB

venusbluejeans
10-03-18, 14:45
I have absolutely no idea :)

Bigboyuk
10-03-18, 14:57
Thx VBJ I know a few years back the government cut right back the FIT's to about 1% so no home owner would make any savings really. Any way I am waiting for a advisor to get back to me and read all the reviews on their site and they all seem pretty positive :) Even a few customers from my area have posted comments it's the cost of the installation which bothers me if it's too high I wont be bothering. so any one else know anything about this company? www.ukenergysolution.com (http://www.ukenergysolution.com) Thx

MyNameIsTerry
10-03-18, 15:11
You need a forum like MoneySavingExpert for this, Dave. They have always had a utility board with plenty of industry employees posting.

I'm out of date with this stuff but the billing of these tariffs will be something you will have to watch because they were a problem from the start as systems just weren't built to cope with the refund so utility companies were doing it all manually which caused tons of delays in decisions & refunds. Rather than add credits to offset bills some would send cheques as their managers hated their credit ledgers being distorted...rather stupid internal politics crap.

Some utilities are still bad at this.

So, keep an eye on your bill turning up when it should and that the refund is as expected. Also check on the ability for the agreement to transfer if you change suppliers. Initially you couldn't do this and customers got shafted without realising until they switched or became locked to suppliers but the industry was changing this to allow a transfer by separating the supplier from the agreement if i remember rightly (it was some years ago now)

(I used to work in this sector and have experience with the billing side of these systems back then, billing was very much an afterthought to selling and there were many customer complaints. It was all done manually by controlling customers on spreadsheets rather than the billing systems worth hundreds of millions. I don't won't to put you off but just say you will need to be proactive and not rely on bills coming as they do for standard tariffs. I can think of one large utility alone that built it's new systems without adding these complicated tariffs in but they have been kicked by Ofgem & the press for building such a turkey of a billing system)