PDA

View Full Version : I’m curious. Anyone have weight loss when you’re in an episode?h

Scaredtoo
10-03-18, 16:49
Man I’m in a tizzy with a bad case of health anxiety right now. Obsessing over my bowels so much. Waiting on some stool results and I noticed I am afraid to eat and haven’t been eating much which of course has resulted in some weight loss. That only fuels the anxiety as I’m sure many of you know. Anyone else have this happen when you are obsessing over a certain ailment and the anxiety is sky high? Just wondering how many of us experience this

Scass
10-03-18, 17:39
Yes absolutely. When I have an anxiety flare up I lose my appetite and can’t eat for a day or two.

Try and eat something to give you some energy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chloevictoria_
10-03-18, 17:44
Absolutely!
I was unwell during the summer after what we think was food poisoning, but it sent me over the edge, even though my body had recovered! I got the panic again and it got worse and worse until it started making me feel sick 24/7, which I then obsessed over. At one point all I was having was plain everything. Plain rice, plain quinoa, plain vegetables, because I was scared of throwing up. It used to take me 40 minutes to eat a slice of toast it got so bad.

Try not to let it get into a cycle, because that's what happened to me. When you don't eat properly, it affects the way you think, hence why the anxiety appears stronger. What helped me to overcome this was making sure I had some sort of routine in place and structure to my day, as well as eating 4/5/6 smaller meals instead of 3 big ones.

Hope your results go OK!

WiredIncorrectly
10-03-18, 19:18
Yep. When the HA is bad I lose my appetite and have no desire or drive to do anything. I've lost 3lbs in a week this week ... but that's because I've been exercising and limiting calories. It has its benefits sometimes ha ha

jojo2316
10-03-18, 19:49
ALWAYS. And then it adds to my certainty I have whatever life threatening thing I think I’ve got

Anxiousamyj
10-03-18, 22:54
For sure! The last episode I had, I lost 8 pounds in a week, and I’m not a very big person. It freaked me out, making me believe it was the unintentional weight loss associated with cancer. Once I got the anxiety sorted out, I have gained some back. Try not to worry about this. When I actually tracked my food I take, I was only taking in about 800calories a day at my worst.

Sparky16
11-03-18, 00:37
Definitely. I tend to lose my appetite, and end up drinking just juice to try to get some calories. I think I've lost up to 8 pounds when I've gone through a long anxious spell. It's about the only effective weight loss program I've been on. :D