PDA

View Full Version : Swimmy/spacey feeling?

chloevictoria_
10-03-18, 17:46
Hi guys
I was wondering if anyone has this? It kind of feels a bit like I'm drunk, yet I'm not. It tends to come more if I'm thinking about it, and it's not dizziness. It's very strange!

ServerError
10-03-18, 18:22
This is a common feature of my anxiety. During my first breakdown, it came on suddenly and frightened the life out of me. Recently I've had another dose of severe anxiety and, after months of stress, this feeling came on again the other day. No surprise.

It's gone away again for me, though. The thing is, you can't expect to bombard your mind with relentless stress and not have it become dull and hazy. It happens. It's just a sign that you need to give yourself a break. Don't make things worse by fearing this sensation.

Annaboodle
10-03-18, 18:48
Hi. Yes, I get this. It's one of the main symptoms of my anxiety. I still find it v. unsettling even though I've had it for so long. I still find myself occasionally questioning if it's anxiety (even though I know it is - had it for as long as I can remember). I find it's predictable when I'll get it. I had a bad day today with my partner having a right go at me about something. I ended up in tears, tried to cheer myself up by taking the dog for a long walk and sure enough I got the swimmy/spaced out feeling when I was out on the walk. Now I feel ridiculously fatigued (that's another symptom that hits me after stress). Did feel a bit brighter though for getting out, so only advice I have is to keep going and try not to let fear of it stop you getting on with what you want to do. x