PDA

View Full Version : Funny incidents

Carol_dearest
10-07-07, 10:08
Hi, 34 years ago, when my panic attacks started, my GP made an appointment for me to see a Psychiatrist at my local Hospital. My fiance (now my long suffering husband) was driving me to the hospital, when we were in an accident. I hit my head on the sun visor and cut it. The car was a write off. So I got a taxi and left Bill will our car.
I didn't even know I had cut my head so badly, so as I walked into the hospital, before I knew what had happened I was on a stretcher. I kept protesting that I was fine and was there to see a psychiatrist, unfortunately I couldn't remember his very difficult name. No one believed me and kept reassuring me that I had concussion and needed my head stitched. I insisted I was there to have my head sorted but didn't need stitches!!!! All of this time the ward assistant was feeding me Jelly babies. It was so surreal, I kept getting terrible nervous giggles. This made everyone even more certain I was concussed. I then went into a panic attack which they missread and suddenly I had a heart monitor on, oh boy, that really helped (not).
I was perfectly ok, and there were these people running around, the jelly babies stopped coming, and I swear open heart surgery was about to take place with me fully conscious.
Finally someone had the sense to look in my handbag as I kept insisting and they found the letter with my appointment on it.
It was like a starburst!!!! only my jelly baby man was left, hanging on to the stretcher for dear life as we laughed until we were in pain.
So, with my head stitched and covered in bright orange iodine (I didn't know this at the time) I was shown to the psychiatrists waiting room. When I walked into his office, he looked up and said "why are you late".
I said, oh I am sorry but my sides hurt, I can't talk for a moment.
No one had told him what had happened to me.
I burst out laughing at the obserdity of it all and he kicked me out!!!!
He told me to make an appointment for when I was sober.
I must have stunk of the alcohol A & E had used on my cuts.
So I called a taxi and the driver said 'been to hospital love?'
I'll leave the rest to your imagination, needless to say his sides split too and I got a free ride home.
Love to you all, Carol. Let me know of your funny story. x