PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Weight Gain

THoltz
11-03-18, 14:47
Hello Everyone

Yesterday I weighed myself and I was at 156 and today I’m like 174. I ate rice and chicken wrapped in bacon. It was good but salty probably. The rice also had chicken broth added to it.

I’m 26 male and run 3-4 times a week. How much of this is water weight?

Fishmanpa
11-03-18, 14:51
Frankly, there's no physical way to gain 18 pounds overnight unless you ate a bowling ball. It has to be a misreading on your scale.

Positive thoughts

venusbluejeans
11-03-18, 15:17
Get yourself some new scales because those ones are wrong..

or don't and don't weigh yourself daily :)

either way... the scales are wrong

Magic
11-03-18, 16:49
Just depends if the floor is level. I take the scales in one room, I have gained weight. I go into another room and I have lost it. Need a new house.
The best scales are at your health practice.

ankietyjoe
12-03-18, 09:08
If you were severely dehydrated the day before this is possible, but incredibly unlikely.

MyNameIsTerry
12-03-18, 09:53
If you have electronic scales, including the ones that do body fat readings, they can be affected by the floor as Magic says or by wet feet.

Weight can fluctuate throughout the day by a pound or two but nothing like that.

They may not be broken though so see if they return back to normal readings at later weighings.

wubu
13-03-18, 17:12
Also carbs hold a lot of water and you will deffo weigh more the following day. Just weigh in the morning after a wee and no water or food before stepping on.