PDA

View Full Version : Splinter in toe?

Caribou93
11-03-18, 16:39
Last Wednesday, I was at work, when suddenly I had a slight pain in my largest toe on my left foot. I honestly didn't think anything of it, and then when I went home, I looked at my toe, and there was the smallest little splinter like thing I had ever seen in my toe.

So, I inspected it, and unfortunately, it's at the point where it looks like it's floating in my toe - like there's nowhere for me to grab it. Well, I never gave it a thought, but I'm worried that something will happen to my toe, or my overall health because of this miniscule splinter.

My toe isn't red or irritated or anything like that, just the dot where the splinter is - and you really have to look at my toe to see the barely visible splinter. I just worry that it'll make its way into my bloodstream or something else will happen. Should I go to the doctor and see if they can get it out, or is it something that'll hopefully just dissolve in my skin eventually? I'm up to date on my tetanus shot, so I don't have to get that, but I never thought about the splinter until now.

Pkstracy
11-03-18, 19:54
Were you barefoot at any time walking around outside? Normally they work themselves out, you could try pouring peroxide on your toe and bubbling it out,however, keep an eye on it, if your toe swells or turns red and inflamed go to your doctor.

Scass
11-03-18, 19:57
It’ll probably work its way out. You could soften it in a bath, or put a plaster on it overnight to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MyNameIsTerry
12-03-18, 02:33
Like Scass says, it will probably work it's way out. Just monitor for signs of infection and then approach your GP.