PDA

View Full Version : Is this anxiety?

Nikitaa
11-03-18, 16:51
Hey! I've always had a weird tendency to catastrophize things (like, overthinking every small thing into something big) but it always passed quite fast and easily, without really hurting me. Month ago, I had a panic attack based on the fear of getting schizophrenia and after that I started having LOTS of painful racing thoughts (mostly ones about time and existence and I can't stop overthinking it). All these thoughts make my life so much worse, it feels like I've got exposed to some "hidden knowledge" about "true nature of life" and even tho I know it's not true and I didn't get into something "hidden", I still can't live properly. It pains every day of mine. Joy itself seems useless because it's temporary. All I wanna ask: is this anxiety? Is this something that will pass? As far as I know, many of symptoms I get look like ones anxiety gives. I just want to know if there's any hope. Thank you.

Janellem
16-03-18, 19:07
Struggling with the same exact thing, I can totally relate. How are you? Maybe we can get some answers here.

Nikitaa
17-03-18, 12:01
I think I got a bit better :) Still can't function properly but atleast I don't get panicky about all this anymore. We, for sure, will get better!