PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal? :(

iveyn
12-03-18, 08:41
Hey, guys

I have a huge fear of going insane and this thing really bothers me. Sometimes when I close my eyes I see this black background everybody sees, but from time to time just a random mental image pops out of nowhere. It can be everything and sometimes it scares me. I googled this and I am wondering if this is a form of intrusive thought, is it a hallucination? I read something about third eye, but I want to stick to the anxiety specter because I am under huge stress right now.
It stops when I open my eyes and it usually happens for one second only, so I can't really prevent it since it is so short.

Is this anxiety? Am I going mad, I am so scared...
I went to a psychiatrist two months ago, but I am not sure if I talked about this.

Thank you!

ana
12-03-18, 18:20
Are these thoughts or vision, would you say? In other words, do you see this in your mind's eye or in the way that you'd see the dark background of the back of your eyelids?

I think you should definitely mention this to your therapist as they'll be able to tell you what it is. :)

ankietyjoe
12-03-18, 18:43
Why are you trying to prevent something that's completely normal?

Anything can seem abnormal if you focus on it obsessively, but what you're describing is experienced by everybody that's actually alive.