PDA

View Full Version : Panic, Agoraphobia, Panic since childhood

SmithieJo
12-03-18, 18:00
Hello to all who are reading my brand new thread :) I was doing a random search on panic disorder on Google and found this group, more specifically the drug Zyprexa was being talked about which I am going to start on.

I found the responses very informative and interesting, so elected to enroll with this group.

I was doing fine with managing all this until I was forced to move 4 months ago and am living in a less than desirable new home. Numerous other factors such as being a witness to a brutal assault which I had to go to criminal court over along with fear of retaliation from the abuser, sudden death of a close friend, and being 67 adjusting to new environments hit me hard. I lost my close friends, my routine and am now stuck in a 400 square foot room for now with not a good view. Immediately, panic, high anxiety, daily migraine and now GI distress are assaulting me. Turned to my pdoc who put me on Pamelor but that apparently interacted with my epilepsy meds, so going off of it and back on Zyprexa. Zyprexa did not interact with Zonegran,but it did not handle the intense panic and anxiety initially. Will see since I am adjusting to my new environment if it will help now. The most pronounced side effect I was experiencing was an increase in panic and anxiety along with muscle rigidity and difficulty breathing. Stopping the Pamelor for now.

I have had all this since childhood and the only thing that helped was medication. I lived on Pamelor for 30 years when I went off of it, as it was no longer working, only to try it again and and found it to be interacting with my other medication and not working on the panic and anxiety.

So, I am a work in process. Hoping that with time, I can come out of my apartment and start living again, right now, venturing outside is ultra scary for me.

Thank you for reading my first post.

Jo

venusbluejeans
12-03-18, 18:09
Hiya SmithieJo and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SmithieJo
12-03-18, 21:56
Hi Venus ~ Thank you for welcoming me :) Looking forward to the education this site provides !!

Jo

Pkstracy
13-03-18, 21:33
Welcome! I am also agoraphobic, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, OCD, PTSD and Bi polar 1. I hope you are having a good day today.