PDA

View Full Version : Flexi sigmoidoscopy done today

Ocaron
12-03-18, 19:42
Well after a long day i had had it done without sedation isn't as bad at all found the worst part of it was after the horrible crams with all the air still inside you, they found 0 polpys but did see two areas with inflammation and took 2 biopsys of both areas

He's booked me in for an MRI and to follow back on 8 weeks worrying what the biopsy ruselts can be wondering if it's something bad ?

Jenni855
12-03-18, 21:38
Why did you have the sigmoidscopy? Was it change in bowel habits?

Ocaron
12-03-18, 22:18
Why did you have the sigmoidscopy? Was it change in bowel habits?

Bleeding quite a bit on and off and mucus

WiseMonkey
13-03-18, 05:29
Bleeding quite a bit on and off and mucus

Hi,

If things don't settle down I'd ask for a colonoscopy as there may be an issue further up and around where the sigmoidoscope can't reach or see.

You do have to do bowel prep and have semi-sedation but it's well worth it to see the the whole colon.

Ocaron
13-03-18, 07:42
The pain after the sigmoid it's been 18 hours for me but woke up in the middle of the night with pains felt like my insides are bruised and feel so nauseous is this normal or should I ring up ?

WiseMonkey
13-03-18, 07:53
The pain after the sigmoid it's been 18 hours for me but woke up in the middle of the night with pains felt like my insides are bruised and feel so nauseous is this normal or should I ring up ?

This is most likely trapped air and maybe some soreness from the biopsies. If it doesn't settle you could give them a call, as I believe that is part of their post procedure protocol :)

Ocaron
13-03-18, 07:59
This is most likely trapped air and maybe some soreness from the biopsies. If it doesn't settle you could give them a call, as I believe that is part of their post procedure protocol :)

I did have biopsies done how long until it settles would you say? Don't think it's trapped gas as I've been letting it out for 28 hours straight haha I just feel really nauseous

nomorepanic
13-03-18, 13:42
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

nomorepanic
13-03-18, 13:42
I had pain for 2 or 3 days after having several biopsies taken during a colonoscopy.
I think it is normal to feel some pain so try some pain relief first.