PDA

View Full Version : Tiredness versus anxiety - drop medication?

elibabez
12-03-18, 19:54
First of all mods, i know there are threads for specific medication, but this isnt a general question, so please keep this up as i need advise, although nobody ever seems to reply.

Ive been on a well known medication for almost two weeks, and i am absolutly exhausted constantly, and i mean literally shattered.

It is affecting work, after just four hours i felt like i could barely stand/go on.

I know with most medication there are side affects and if you bear with it they go away, but with this particular medication (fluoxotine/prozac) a simple google search will tell you that for a lot of people taking it even long term, it is a permanent side affect always feeling tired.

I had no idea about it - and it really has left me with a dilemna.

What is worse - going through horrible anxiety, or being absolutly shattered all the time.

I work in a fast pace food shop in town, and being tired is not an option, you simply cant do your job if you are tired.

Yet my anxiety in recent weeks has been horrible, thats why i went back onto medication.

I simply do not know what to do, ive tried different medications in the past too such as citolopram setraline etc

cattia
14-03-18, 06:29
I had the same experience with Sertraline and I stopped taking it. I have been on prozac twice and it was a number of years ago. For me it was a great drug. For the first two weeks I had horrendous side effects. I basically could barely function they were so bad, but they gradually wore off between two and four weeks and at four weeks the benefits kicked in. They made me feel normal again and like I could cope with day to day life. I'm seriously considering going back on them but the first two weeks puts me off.