PDA

View Full Version : Dark Circle

RVP
12-03-18, 20:09
Hi all.. so I had my 6 monthly BP review (which is controlled) and had bloods done 2 weeks ago. Today the pharmacist told me my cholesterol was 8.1 which is HIGH.

Previously, it was 6.6 and the time before that it was 7.2 so I know what I have to do to bring it down. I have been stupid and have eaten takeaways (kebabs etc once a week).. but 8.1! cholesterol! I just can't get that out of my head.

Just a little info on myself I am 26 year old male, fairly fit, I try to go gym at least 3/4x a week and have a slim/muscly build.

I went straight to work after this and all I can think of is my cholesterol. I feel like I'll drop dead any moment due to it, I'm scared and I feel trapped in this dark circle with no one to assure me.

The worst part is, cholesterol doesn't change overnight, so it'll be 6 months time before I have bloods taken again. In that time, I will stop takeaways and eat very clean foods. I don't normally eat that bad generally.. I guess the crap food always outweighs the good food.

I just need some re-assurance that I'm going to be okay! and not die!

Thanks for listening to my sob story